The Ruthless Behaviour of Beijing Police

Ms. Chen Yuqing and her daughter, both Falun Gong practitioners, were awakened around midnight by banging at their door and shouts that their house was on fire. There was no sign of a fire however, so they did not open the door.

Yang Jinlong and other officers from the Shuguang Police Station then broke down the door and arrested Ms. Chen and her daughter. This occurred on July 19th, 2015.

Ms. Chen's husband was out collecting scrap in the neighbourhood. He was a part-time scavenger, a job that most Chinese would scorn. He did not want to be seen during the daytime to avoid ridicule and embarrassment.

He returned home at 2:00 a.m. to find his wife and daughter missing. The door had been broken open and the living room ransacked. He knew that the police were the culprits.

When he went to the Shuguang Police Station the next day, he was told that his wife and daughter were not there. He then yelled his wife's name. She responded that she was there and apologized for not making his meals.

Police Violate Chinese Law

The police interrogated Ms. Chen and her daughter. They wanted to know the source of the Falun Gong materials found in their neighbourhood.

Ms. Chen developed a high fever, but the interrogation continued for another hour.

The police called a doctor, who examined her and suggested that she be taken to a hospital. The hospital said she was in danger of having a stoke, which required the police to release her.

The police promised to take them home but did not stop as they passed their neighbourhood. The daughter asked, “Why aren't you stopping? Where are you taking us?” The officer did not answer and continued to drive.

They drove to a detention centre, but the detention centre refused to accept Ms. Chen because of her health. The police then took Ms. Chen and her daughter home.

Previous Persecution of Ms. Chen and her Family

Ms. Chen, 60, lives in the Jinyayuan residential area of Sijiqing Town in the Haidian District, Beijing. She began practising Falun Gong in 1997. She credits Falun Gong for her good health.

Her daughter was healthy, but her husband and son were disabled. Yet the family lived a harmonious life after she began practising Falun Gong.

Ms. Chen was arrested in 2004. When her son went to the police station to ask for her release, the officers beat him, injuring his head.

Ms. Chen left her home for several months after she was released to avoid further persecution.

Her son became sicker, and died in 2005.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.