Appellant: Ms. Chen Xiuling, 54, is a market administrator for the Jiamusi City Transportation and Telecommunication Company.
Defendants: The Dongfeng Police Branch Office of the Jiamusi Police Department, and Xigemu Forced Labour Camp, Jiamusi City.
1. Make a thorough investigation of the death of my daughter and prosecute the persons directly responsible for her death in accordance with the law.
2. Withdraw the decision that illegally put me into a forced labour camp and facilitate my unconditional release.
3. Investigate and punish the criminal acts of the prison guards at the forced labour camp who deliberately hurt, humiliated, and maltreated my daughter and me.
Facts and the Cause of Action:
1) In 1999, my daughter, Chen Ying, went to Beijing to appeal for fair treatment of Falun Dafa and was arrested. She died on the way back to Jiamusi City while being escorted under police custody from Beijing. On August 19, 1999, in a TV programme, CCTV 1 (the Chinese Central Television Station) framed my daughter as having committed suicide. The Chinese Constitution clearly defines a citizen's right to appeal. Chen Ying appealed in accordance with the law, but she was arrested. The staff at the appeals office has grossly violated the law. She died under police detention. Therefore, the police have constituted the crime of neglecting their duty. After Chen Ying's death, the police department provided the TV station with fabricated news, and falsely claimed that Chen Ying died by suicide. They have committed the crime of falsifying charges and deceived people by spreading these lies. As Chen Ying' mother, I strongly request that the cause of her death be immediately investigated. The unlawful policemen who caused Chen Ying's death must be held responsible. Those who spread lies to deceive people and promote hatred towards Falun Gong are attempting to fabricate excuses for their crimes of persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. The murderers should be punished and the name of Chen Ying should be cleared.
2) On March 12, 2003, a police brigade captain with the surname Xu from the Dongfeng Police Branch Office of the Jiamusi Police Department led four to five officers and policemen to my home and ransacked it. I was arrested and held at a detention centre for 22 days. On April 2, 2003 I was sent to a forced labour camp. I followed the requirements of Falun Dafa for becoming a good person, including not getting involved in politics, and working hard regardless of criticism. I really don't know why I was sentenced to forced labour or which law I have broken. During the prosecution process, legal procedures were not followed, so I request an immediate and unconditional release, as well as an investigation into the unlawful acts committed against me. The people responsible for my arrest should be punished, and compensation for my physical suffering and economic loss during my detention should be provided.
3) On April 2, 2003, I was escorted to the forced labour camp. On the very first day, I was handcuffed in the "Carrying a Sword on the Back" (1) position and deprived of the right to use the toilet. I was forced to follow the demands of the labour camp guards. Under such inhuman torture I wrote a "Statement Denouncing Falun Gong" against my conscience. On April 8, I wrote a "Solemn Declaration" which declared the "Statement Denouncing Falun Gong" null and void. Prison guard Sun Limin slapped me on my face. The forced labour camp used cruel torture methods to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Ms. Wang Yuhong and Ms. Wang Yingxia were tortured until their hands were seriously injured and paralyzed, and as a result they could not take care of themselves. Even under those circumstances the prison guards still forced us to do manual labour, sometimes for as long as ten hours per day. Sometimes when we were not in good health and could not do the manual labour, the prison guards would swear at us while beating us. I have been held at the labour camp for one and a half years. During the first month of the Chinese calendar this year, I wrote an appeal. Team Captain Mu Zhenjuan took 17 practitioners, including me, from the No. 7 Squadron upstairs for more strict control. We were forced to sit on the floor and a group of prison guards kicked us for a while, and then handcuffed us in the "Carrying a Sword on the Back" position for nine hours before we were allowed to move, and we were deprived of our rights to sleep for five days. As a matter of fact, we were not even allowed to close our eyes. Holding an electric baton in his hand, a male prison guard stared at me and asked if I would write another appeal, and if I was an inmate of the forced labour camp, or if I would write a weekly record of actual events. In June, I talked to the team captains about writing an appeal but they refused me. In July, Team Captain Mu Zhenjuan said at a meeting, "Whoever wants to write an appeal, just go ahead, but we will not provide you with pens." At the forced labour camp we were not allowed to use a pen. I was in very good health and weighed over 60 kilograms (130 lb.) when I was at home, but now I weigh less than 50 kilograms (110 lb.) due to the torture in the forced labour camp. Inside the camp, all the Falun Dafa practitioners have been tortured, and suffer from corporal punishment by the prison guards. Because of this I accuse the Women's Division of the Xigemu Forced Labour Camp in Jiamusi City of "torturing detainees, intentionally injuring detainees, and violating human rights." I call on the procuratorate to investigate these crimes of the prison guards immediately, and stop them from persecuting the kind-hearted citizens who believe in the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance." Please make sure that the people's safety is no longer violated.
Finally, I hope that the procuratorate will handle this case impartially so as to safeguard the freedom of belief, human rights, and the justice of the law. Please bring the offenders to justice.
Appellant who is still detained at the forced labour camp: Chen Xiuling
(1) "Carrying a Sword on the Back" - This is a very painful form of torture in which one hand is pulled down the back from behind the head and the other hand is pulled up from the lower back. The two hands are then handcuffed or tied together to cause unbearable pain.
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.ca/mh/articles/2004/11/27/90115.html
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.