Information about Two Hebei Province Female Practitioners Who Died in 2003 as a Result of Persecution

Case 1: Ms. Wang Xinping in Bazhou City, Hebei Province Died as a Result of Persecution in 2003

Ms. Wang Xiping, 42 years old, lived in a village near Bazhou City, Hebei Province. She began to practise Falun Dafa in 1997. In 2000, she was persecuted for appealing for Falun Gong and was forced to leave her home and become homeless. On December 27, 2000, she was arrested for distributing materials that clarify the facts about Falun Gong, and was later sentenced to three years imprisonment. Ms. Wang was persecuted in Kaiping Labour Camp in Tangshan City, Hebei Province, for over a year and was then released due to health problems. On October 29, 2002, seven or eight policemen broke into her house and conducted an illegal search. She attempted to protect her Falun Gong books. The policemen dragged her several dozen yards into a police car and sent her to Bazhou Detention Centre. They cuffed her with 20 pound shackles, and brutally beat her breasts. Ms. Wang Xinping went on a hunger strike to protest, and was released after a week. Later she was arrested again by Zhang Wenhong from the local police station for distributing truth-clarification materials. Seven or eight policemen took turns brutally beating her. She suffered from poor health after she was released, and died on May 23, 2003.

Case 2: Ms. Yan E'zi from Yuanshi County, Hebei Province Died as a Result of Persecution in 2003

Ms. Yan E'zi, 63 years old, lived in Wangcun Village of Sucun Township, Yuanshi County, Hebei Province. Before she practised Falun Gong, she suffered from many illnesses. Fortunately in 1996, Ms. Yan began to practise Falun Dafa and she benefited both mentally and physically. All her illnesses were cured, and she became happier and more open-minded. She was illiterate, yet was able to read Falun Dafa books after she began practising. In 1999, she was detained for 7 days in the County government for going to Beijing to appeal, and was fined 300 yuan. After that, police frequently went to her home to harass and threaten her. She was once arrested by the local police station. Her family spent 200 yuan to get her out.

In December 2000, she was arrested and detained in the county detention centre for more than 14 months. She was severely persecuted both mentally and physically and was emaciated. Authorities extorted another 2,000 yuan from her family before she was released. After she returned home, she was not able to recover from her state of poor health, and died on October 10, 2003.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.