Falun Gong Practitioners Liu Hongwei and Mu Ping from Jilin City Secretly Put into Prisons

Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Liu Hongwei was secretly put into the Gongzhuling Prison, in Jilin Province, in mid July 2007, and practitioner Ms. Mu Ping was secretly put into the Heizuizi Women's Prison.

Plainclothes police officers from Jilin City arrested practitioners Liu Hongwei and Mu Ping from Jilin City at work in Changchun City on October 24th, 2006. They arrested the practitioners without showing any warrants or identification and took the practitioners to the Jilin City Detention Centre on the following day, where the practitioners were interrogated and tortured. Liu Hongwei sustained a serious injury to his lower back and was rendered unable to walk. The practitioners were brought for trial to the Chuanying District People's Court in January or February 2007 after being subjected to inhuman mental torment and physical torture for several months. According to a witness, Liu Hongwei was brought to the court in a wheelchair. He was sentenced to 13 years of imprisonment, and Mu Ping was sentenced to seven years.

Recently, Liu Hongwei's 70 year-old mother went to the Jilin City Detention Centre to visit him, planning to bring him some clothes (his family has not been allowed to visit him since he was arrested), only to find out that he had been sent to the Gongzhuling Prison. The family was never informed about this.

Liu Hongwei had previously been sentenced to two years of forced labour and was successively held at the Huanxiling Forced Labour Camp in Jilin City, the Tonghua City Forced Labour Camp, and also the Chaoyanggou Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City. Police officer Li Jun from the Chaoyanggou Forced Labour Camp shocked Liu Hongwei in the anus with an electric baton and hit him hard with a pickax. Liu Hongwei was subjected to a multitude of physical tortures and mental torments. His wife Ms. Yu Lixin was tortured to death in the Heizuizi Prison on May 13th, 2002, leaving behind a seven-year-old daughter. Personnel from Jilin City 610 Office1 and from the National Security Team arrested Liu Hongwei again on September 16th, 2003. He was tortured to near death. He managed to escape from the city hospital's emergency room and has lived a homeless life since, to avoid further persecution.

Ms. Mu Ping was subjected to severe torture at the Heizuizi Forced Labour Camp. Her health was severely damaged. Camp personnel released her when her life was in peril. Mu Ping has been extremely weak ever since. Her husband Shao Hui was a doctor at the Hongshi Forestry Centre, of the Hongshi Forestry Bureau in Huadian City. He was sentenced to three years of forced labour only because he practises Falun Gong. Mr. Shao Hui was subjected to all kinds of inhuman tortures at the Huanxiling Forced Labour Camp in Jilin City. He was later transferred to the Yinmahe Forced Labour Camp in Jiutai City. He managed to escape from the labour camp on March 31st, 2002. The lawless police put him on the "wanted" list and later captured him. Personnel from National Security Team and scofflaw police from the so-called "Riot-control Squad" tortured him to death in the Fengman District of Jilin City on the night of August 21st, 2002. Mr. Shao Hui was only 31 years old when he passed away. He left behind a five-year-old son.

These two broken families left behind two children, who suffered much mental anguish. Their experiences brought Mr. Liu Hongwei and Ms. Mu Ping together. They set up a new family and took care of the two children together. Their parents were happy and relieved. Liu Hongwei and Mu Ping went to Changchun City, found a job and settled down there until personnel from Jilin City National Security Team arrested them at work on October 24th, 2006. The couple is still being detained.

Due to pressure and appeals from inside and outside of China, personnel from Jilin City police, procuratorate and judicial systems held several court hearings but failed to sentence the practitioners. The case is now being handled by the Chuanying District Court in Jilin City. The names of the personnel in charge are "Hu Chunwei" and "Lao Fu."

When telephone enquiries were received about the case, Hu Chunwei and Lao Fu appeared extremely nervous and surprised. They claimed that a court hearing was held two weeks prior, and that Liu Hongwei was sentenced to thirteen years of imprisonment and Mu Ping to seven years.

Telephone numbers of Chuanying District Court:
Office: 86-432-2404962
Criminal Court: Hu Chunwei
Lao Fu, main person in charge: 86-432-2404965


1. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2007/7/26/159621.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.