Ms. Zong Xiuxia Dies Suddenly under Police Custody in Shandong Province

On February 22nd, 2008, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zong Xiuxia was arrested, and she died on the same day. Her body has been frozen, and details are yet to be investigated.

Ms. Zong Xiuxia lived in the Fangzi District in Weifang City, Shandong Province. On February 22nd, 2008, she went shopping at the Jialejia Supermarket. She distributed leaflets explaining the truth about Falun Gong so that the Chinese people could understand the unreasonable persecution and what Falun Gong is really about, and as a result she was forcibly taken to the Guangwen Police Station in Kuiwen District at around 11:30 a.m. Police from the Guangwen Station said they took Ms. Zong to the Weifang City People's Hospital for a physical check-up at around 1:00 p.m. However, Ms. Zong died at 3:00 p.m.

It was 9:00 p.m. when the police notified her family, saying they had found her chequebook in her handbag and thus found her address and name. The police said that Ms. Zong died from jumping out of the elevator in the hospital.

We find this very unreasonable, for three police officers were watching her in the hospital. How could she jump out of the elevator in a crowded hospital in the middle of the afternoon? If it was true, why weren't there any witnesses? Why wouldn't they allow her family to meet with the three officers? Why did they take her for a physical so soon after she was arrested? Why didn't they notify her family sooner? What happened in the Guangwen Police Station before they took her to the hospital?

After only four hours, a perfectly healthy, upstanding person died under police custody, and it took six hours for them to notify her family. We hope that people of justice will help uncover more information.

Kuiwen District Police Department: 86-536-8235773
Guangwen Police Station: 86-536-8878517

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.