Before and after the Chinese New Year in 2008, police from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province worked with local thugs to harass and persecute Falun Gong practitioners. On March 4th, police from the Daqing City Police Department and the Wolitun Branch arrested several practitioners.
The following practitioners are verified to have been placed under arrest.
1. Ms. Jiang Fengqin, 56, is a retired employee of the Daqing Petrochemical General Factory. At about 9:00 p.m. on March 4th, Daqing police took Ms. Jiang into custody when she was taking care of her grandson at home. Her home was also searched. Leaflets exposing the persecution, CDs and Falun Gong books were packed into four or five big plastic bags and taken away. A copier and about 10,000 yuan1 in cash were also taken away.
Currently, Jiang Fengqin is being detained in the Daqing City First Detention Centre, which is also called the Daqing Detention Centre.
2. Mr. Sun Ruilin, 67, is a retired officer from the Anda City Railroad. At around 3:00 p.m. on March 4th, the police took him away from his apartment. They also took away his personal property in two or three bags. About a dozen policemen drove three police vehicles and took away many things. Mr. Sun shouted, "Falun Gong is good!" Afterwards, he was pushed into one of the vehicles.
Sun Ruilin is being detained in the Daqing City Fourth Detention Centre. The guards in the detention centre questioned Sun Ruilin repeatedly, and each time he responded with, "Falun Gong is good!" He continued to be firm when a policeman struck him in the face.
3. Ms. Zhao Yumei, 40, was an employee of the Daqing Petrochemical General Factory who was forced into early retirement. On March 4th, she was arrested by police from the Wolitun Branch of the Daqing City Police Department. She is being detained in the Daqing City First Detention Centre.
4. Mr. He Biao, 40, was forced to retire early from the Daqing Petrochemical General Factory. His wife Han Yunhua works at the same factory. On March 4th, they were arrested by Daqing police. When Mr. He's older sister went to visit him from Zhaodong on March 1st, she was also arrested. They are being detained in the Daqing City Fourth Detention Centre.
5. Ms. Li Yanjiao was forced to retire early from the Daqing Ethylene Computation Centre. On March 4th, she was arrested by police from the Wolitun Branch of the Daqing City Police Department and members of the Wolitun Community Security Team, including Cai Hua, Li Yan, Zhang Zhongxiao and Liu Xiangdong.
Ms. Li's home was searched, and DFalun Gong books and other personal property were taken away. She is being detained in the Daqing City Fourth Detention Centre.
Wolitun Branch of Daqing Police Department:
Shang Ruichao, Director: 86-459-6707123 (Office), 86-459-6766633 (Home), 86-13936912299 (Mobile)
Zhang Yiqing, Deputy Director: 86-459-6765865 (Office), 86-459-6765668 (Home), 86-13704660187 (Mobile)
Daqing City Police Department:
Cao Liwei, Director: 86-459-6371699 (Office), 86-13384595678(Mobile)
Cao Zhenhe, Commissar: 86-459-6107789(Office), 86-459-6280888 (Home), 86-13329500001 (Mobile)
Li Guoli, Deputy director: 86-459-6100099 (Office), 86-459-5986708 (Home), 86-13329500003 (Mobile)
Daqing City 610 Office:
Zhang Wanguo, Director: 86-459-6392958, 86-13504891993(Mobile)
Ba Xi, Deputy Director: 86-459-6393610, 86-13329368861 (Mobile)
1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.
Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2008/3/12/174164.html
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.