In Violation of the Law, the Heping District State Security Department Refuses to Release Ms. Shu Dongan

The Heping District State Security Department's charges against Falun Gong practitioner Shu Dongan were rejected twice by the local Procuratorate. But the State Security Department still refused to release this 56-year-old woman after she was detained for nearly five months. According to the law, if the same case is rejected twice by the Procuratorate, the person should be released unconditionally.

Ms. Shu comes from Shijiehuayuan, the Heping District, Shenyang City. She began to practise Falun Gong in 1998. On March 17th, 2009, Ms. Shu was reported to the local police while she was distributing leaflets exposing the persecution and telling people the facts about Falun Gong near Northeastern University. Xu Yongqin, the leader of the Heping District State Security Department; police officer Liu Yuhan from the State Security Department's local police station and security guards from the Shijiehuayuan Community arrested Ms. Shu in an underground garage. They broke into her home without a warrant and took a computer, three printers, and some informational materials about Falun Gong. Xu Yongqin attempted to send Ms. Shu to jail. He filed charges against her with the Heping District Procuratorate, but prosecutors rejected the case due to insufficient evidence.

On April 17th, 2009 Xu Yongqin threatened Ms. Shu and her family so that they would sign the application for bail. After returning home, Ms. Shu realised that the sentence, "Organises and utilises superstitious sects, secret societies, and evil religious organisations or sabotages the implementation of the state's laws" on the application did not conform with the facts. Ms. Shu went to the State Security Department to speak out for justice for Falun Gong to Xu Yongqin and Liu Yuhan. They did not listen to her, deceived Ms. Shu into signing a statement, and then used her signature as evidence for the case. In December 12th, 2009, Ms. Shu was arrested again. On February 25th her case was filed with the Procuratorate again by the State Security Department. On April 6th, procurators again rejected the case due to insufficient evidence.

On April 16th, Ms. Shu's family went to the State Security Department and asked for her release. But Xu Yongqin said that Ms. Shu had not "behaved well," so he refused to release her.

Xu Yongqin, leader of the State Security Brigade, in charge of the case: 86-13940569796 (Mobile) 86-24-23523556

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.