Wang Lixin Beaten to Death after Eight Days in Luoyang City Police Custody

Name: Wang Lixin
Gender: Male
Age: 51
Address: Xuzhou City, Jiangsu Province
Occupation: unknown
Date of Death: February 20th, 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 12th, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Luoyang City Detention Centre
City: Luoyang
Province: Jiangsu
Persecution Suffered: Forced labour, brainwashing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, torture, force-feedings, unnecessary hospitalization in mental hospital

Two brothers, Mr. Wang Lixin and Mr. Wang Yongxin, Falun Gong practitioners from Xuzhou City, Jiangsu Province, have been persecuted over the past 12 years by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). On February 12th, the elder brother, Mr. Wang Lixin, while working in Luoyang City, Henan Province, was arrested by the Domestic Security Team of the Luoyang Police. He was detained at the Luoyang City Detention Centre. Eight days later, he was beaten to death while still in custody. He was 51 years old.

Below, Mr. Wang Yongxin recounts the persecution suffered by the brothers.

My elder brother Wang Lixin started practising Falun Gong in 1997, and he introduced me to the practice in 1998. I have benefited a lot from practising Falun Gong. Within a few days of beginning the practice, my stomach illness disappeared. On July 20th, 1999, Jiang Zemin's, [former leader of China and instigator of the persecution] regime started the persecution of Falun Gong. Both of us have since remained steadfast in our practice, and because of this, we have been subjected to severe persecution.

Forced Detention in Mental Hospital

My brother and I, along with other two practitioners, boarded a train to Beijing in October 1999. We held up a banner worded, “Falun Gong is Good” in Tiananmen Square and were subsequently arrested by eight police officers. They held our heads down on the ground and handcuffed us. We were dragged into a police vehicle, and beaten with batons. Three days later, we were taken back to Xuzhou. Zhang Hongliang, head of the Domestic Security Division of the police department, and Jiang Yongcheng, head of the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong), detained us in the local mental hospital, where I was injected with drugs that damaged my nervous system and caused tinnitus, which I still have to this day.

Detention and Forced Labour

In 2001, I was dismissed from my job for persevering in my practice of Falun Gong. My brother fled his home in Jiangsu Province and came to Luoyang to avoid arrest by the local police and 610 Office. I was arrested in December 2006 and beaten at the Kuishan Police Station. I was not released until the savage beatings caused a fracture.

In July 2008, I brought some Falun Gong materials to a fellow practitioner's home and it happened to be when the police were searching the home. I was arrested on the spot and detained in the Xuzhou City Detention Centre. I was later taken to Fangqiang Forced Labour Camp in Jiangsu Province, where I was subjected to a variety of inhuman treatment.

Beaten to Death

On February 12th, 2011, my brother Wang Lixin was distributing Falun Gong materials in Wangcheng Park to passersby when the Luoyang City Police arrested him. He was detained in the Luoyang City Detention Centre. He held a hunger strike to protest the arrest. On the third day of the hunger strike, the police started to force-feed him. The force-feeding was carried out by police officers Zhang Jie, Liu Haigang, and Zhao Guohua. Another policeman, Zhang Jie, instigated inmates to beat Falun Gong practitioners.

My brother was beaten to death on February 20th, 2011. His remains were transferred from the detention centre to the No. 103 Community Hospital. The hospital authorities falsified his medical record and claimed he died of an illness. The local authorities also forced the inmates to testify that he died of illness. Later, his remains were taken to be cremated at Luoyang City Crematorium. Without his family's consent, his remains were cremated on February 22nd. The detention centre authorities disbanded the No. 7 Cell where he was beaten to death and dismissed all eyewitnesses. They also forced inmates to unify their testimonies.

Another practitioner, Li Zhibao, who was detained in the same centre, was taken to the No. 103 Community Hospital on February 23rd. He survived after emergency treatment.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.