My Experience of Appealing for Dafa Six Months After I Started Cultivation Practice

I obtained Dafa after the April 25th event [an event in 1999 when 10,000 practitioners went to Zhongnanhai in Beijing to appeal for the release of practitioners arrested in Tianjin]. Seeing the slanderous report on CCTV (China Central Television) piqued my curiosity and I wanted to find out more about the book, Zhuan Falun. Upon finishing the book, I came to understand that this is a good book for teaching people to become better people, and I later started to practise the Falun Gong exercises, too. Ever since I was a child, my physical condition was very weak and I got sick all the time. However, after two months of practising Falun Gong, for the first time in my life, I felt and tasted how wonderful it is being a healthy person. I was touched by the miracle of Dafa. Therefore I felt very sad and pitied all those who misunderstood Dafa and participated in slandering Dafa. I could not stand those people slandering Dafa. Therefore in January 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal and to demand justice for Dafa and Teacher.

On the way to appeal, the Beijing policemen interrogated me. They took away my appeal letter and all of my money, and tried to force me to slander Dafa and Teacher. If you did not obey them, they would beat you up. After I was illegally detained for a couple of days, my work unit brought me back home. The public security office then asked for 3,000 Yuan [Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan] as a penalty, and my work unit later laid me off. After all this mistreatment, they still did not leave me alone. Two days before the Chinese New Year in 2000, the public security police tricked me, took me to a detention centre, and detained me there. Twenty-four people were detained in one room and they forced me to stand in front of the toilet for two entire days and nights. I did not commit any crime. Why did a good person like myself have to suffer so much? I started a hunger strike to protest this injustice and when I became very skinny, they put me in the brainwashing class.

In the brainwashing class, I did not cooperate with their requests. Three people then dragged me out and beat me with rubber clubs. As a result of this brutal beating, I could not stand up and there were bruises everywhere on my body. Under these conditions, they still forced me to do outdoor physical labour. I refused to do so and they dragged me outside again and beat me to the ground. They then grasped my clothes and dragged me along the ground. My skin showed severe beatings. They then stripped off my clothes, exposing my upper body, and forced me to freeze outside in January's winter weather, and continued to beat me with rubber clubs. There was a cook who saw the whole process and said that those people did not have any humanity. My husband and children then visited me. They told me that these evil people took everything of value from our home. They also lied to my children and told them that I was crazy and that I took off my clothes by myself. My children saw that my body was bleeding everywhere and were scared to cry out loud. They held my bleeding body tightly and would not let go.

I was tortured this way in the detention centre and brainwashing class for three months. This torture never shook my determination in Dafa. Later on, seeing that I was on the brink of death, and afraid of my dying in the detention centre, they let me go home.

Countless people in our region have experienced the same torture that I went through.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.