Dr. Liu Ping in Hebei Province Suffers Persecution

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Ping was a doctor in the Hengshui City No. 2 Hospital in Hebei Province. After the persecution started on July 20th, 1999, Ms. Liu Ping refused to give up her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Former hospital head Zhang Yong put Liu Ping under 24-hour monitoring for a whole week. He also tried to force Ms. Liu to write a guarantee statement give up Falun Gong and hand over all her Falun Gong books. In addition, Liu was transferred to the physical therapy section on September 18th, 1999, where she was exposed to large quantity of radiation.

The daily exposure to radiation brought on oedema for Liu Ping and swelling and bleeding of her gums. Her menstrual flow gradually decreased, her gums began to shrink and she experienced profound weakness.

Section head Wang Xinting, who was in charge of physical therapy, verbally abused Liu Ping. On December 4th, 2002, Wang scratched Liu's face, claiming that she did so because menopause made her unreasonable and she couldn't control herself. The scratch was so deep that the dermatologist thought it would leave a scar. Hospital head Zhang Yong would not allow the deputy head to handle Wang Xinting's case, saying, "Liu Ping is a practitioner of Falun Gong. There's no way to handle this matter."

On October 9th, 2001, Zhang Yong ordered Wang Xinting to arrange Liu Ping to work the afternoon shift by herself. Right before the end of the afternoon shift, certain individuals arrested Liu and took her to a brainwashing centre. Yuan Jinlong from the brainwashing centre realised that he was unable to change Liu's mind. He then urged some others to sexually harass her.

October 2nd, 2002 marked 100 days since Liu's brother passed away. Ms. Liu Ping took that day off to take care of her parents at home. She was afraid that her parents would not be able to withstand the sadness of losing their son. Nevertheless, Zhang Yong sent someone from the hospital to Liu's home and ordered Liu to go to the hospital right away. Liu told them that she had to stay home and could not go. On October 3rd, when Zhang Yong and Wang Xinting tried to fire her from her job, Liu exposed their persecution of her. The hospital deputy head Jin Hui accompanied Liu Ping to her office for work, but they saw Wang Xinting there, getting ready to work Liu's shift. Jin asked Wang, "Why are you here?" Wang was unable to come up with an answer.

On June 24th, 2005, Liu Ping joined the protest in front of the municipal building and was arrested and locked up in the Hengshui City Detention Centre.

After Liu's release from the detention centre on September 6th, 2005, Zhang Yong did not mention at all the promise that he made to her and her family, which was to reassign her to the inpatient section. When Liu requested to first go to the Internal Medicine Section Outpatient Service to get trained by chief doctor Xu, Zhang replied, "It will create bad blood if I permit a person who was just released from detention to learn from Dr. Xu right away," adding that there was no opening at the Internal Medicine Section.

Since June 24th, 2005, Dr. Liu has been prohibited from working. Zhang Yong stopped her salary. Dr. Liu suffered personal insult and damage to her reputation at the Hengshui No. 2 Hospital. She was twice arrested while at her job. All of her family members feared that Liu might not come home one day because of the persecution.

Zhang Yong (Hospital head): (mobile) 86-13903180971

Mailing address:

Hengshui City No. 2 Hospital, Hebei Province, Zip Code 05300
Gao Fengmei: (cell) 86-13932870918, (home) 86-318-2050408
Wang Xinting: 86-318-6918302 (mobile)

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2006/2/15/120823.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.