Ms. Yu Fengchun Dies as a Result of Persecution in Heilongjiang Province

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yu Fengchun lived near the Jianshan District 26th Middle School in Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province. During the past eight years of persecution, she was arrested five times and detained and harassed multiple times. During her detention, her old sickness recurred, and she died on December 27th, 2007, at the age of 43.

Ms. Yu Fengchun previously had ascites due to cirrhosis of the liver, before she practised Falun Gong. She became very healthy from practising Falun Gong and her illnesses disappeared. Because she firmly kept her faith in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance when the persecution began, she was arrested on July 20th, 1999 by the Jiamusi City (Heilongjiang Province) Railroad Police Department, detained for 24 hours in the Nancha District Police Department in Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province, and detained another 24 hours in the Mining Bureau Detention Centre in Shuangyashan City.

In March 2000, Ms. Yu Fengchun went to the city's 610 Office1 to call for the release of a fellow practitioner who was detained in Jiamusi City Detention Centre. She was then arrested by police from the Lingdong District Department in Shuangyashan City, detained for 15 days, and forced to pay 3,000 yuan2.

On May 17th, 2000, Ms. Yu was arrested for the third time by officers from the Jiadong District Police Department in Jiamusi City, and detained for 15 days in Shuangyashan City. In June 2000, agents from the Lingdong District Police Department had her sentenced to one year of forced labour, which she served in the Jiamusi Forced Labour Camp.

On January 10th, 2002, Ms. Yu was arrested again at Tiananmen Square and detained for 15 days in the Huairou District Detention Centre. She was detained another 15 days after being taken back to Shuangyashan City by police from the Lingdong District Department.

On May 16th, 2006, Ms. Yu was arrested by police from the Yonghong Station when she was distributing leaflets exposing the persecution and telling people the facts about Falun Gong at Meiqiao Shopping Centre. She appeared to have symptoms of ascites due to cirrhosis and was released on May 24th, 2006.

On August 31st, 2007, officers from the Chang'an Station stormed into Ms. Yu's home, ransacked her place, took her personal belongings, and threatened her. The long-term mental and physical torture from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) caused her health to worsen, and she died on December 27th, 2007.


1. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

2. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.