Ms. Cui Guohua Detained in Forced Labour Camps in Liaoning Province Several Times

This is my account of the persecution I experienced at the hands of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). I have put it down in writing so that more people can learn about the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners and the evilness of the CCP, and will not be misled by CCP lies.

My name is Cui Guohua. I am 51 years old and live in Yi County, Liaoning Province. I started to practise Falun Gong in 1997. I have benefited a great deal from practising Falun Gong and learned the true principles of being a good person. I live according the principles of Dafa and try to be a good person.

On July 20th, 1999, Jiang Zemin's, [former leader of China and instigator of the persecution] regime started its unrestrained persecution of Falun Gong. Over the past eight years, I have been arrested and detained six times for my belief. I was sent to the forced labour camp and had 7350 yuan1 extorted from me. I was traumatised. My family members, relatives, and friends were also subjected to huge psychological pressures and suffered economic losses.

On the evening of July 20th, 1999, we went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. We were stopped at the check-in of the Jinzhou Railway Station. My identification card was confiscated and staff from my local government came to pick me up in Beijing. I was detained in the police station in Qianyang Township overnight and released the following day.

In the afternoon on October 26th, 1999, the former Party Secretary of the police station in Qianyang County, Zhang Shuli, and another policeman broke into my home and asked me whether I practised Falun Gong. He said that I had to write a Guarantee Statement that I would not practise Falun Gong, otherwise they would take me away. At the time my husband said to me rudely, "You should say you have stopped practising." I didn't cooperate with them. They arrested me and took me to the Yi County Custodial Station and detained me for one month. The local Zhendong Police Station was fined 2000 yuan, but the fine was paid by my family.

In October 2000, Wang Zhanlin from the Political and Security Team and another two policemen broke into and ransacked my home, but they found nothing. They took me to the fifth floor of the Political and Security Team Building. Wang said, "Your fellow practitioner (who had collaborated with the authorities) has told us of your trip to Beijing." They wanted to confirm with me who was the organiser of this trip. I said that I didn't know. Wang bashed me in my face and twisted my arms behind my back and said that he would tie me up with my arms that way. I was detained for 48 days. Zhendong Police Station was fined 350 yuan, but the fine was paid by my family.

Early in the morning on December 25th, Zhang Yanfu, Director of the Political and Security Team; Wang Zhanlin, Deputy Director; and another policeman broke into my home and took me to the fifth floor of the Political and Security Team Building again. They interrogated and threatened me with force. They tried to force me to tell them where I got the leaflets exposing the persecution and who participated. At the time I was very clear-headed and rational. I was not deluded by their tricks. They took me to the criminal detention centre at night. Officials from the Political and Security Team came to interrogate me every day. That year I celebrated the Chinese New Year in the detention centre. My 90-year-old mother-in-law, my husband, and my daughter, who was a student in junior middle school, have suffered great pain and endured huge pressure. In the detention centre Wang often came to threaten me and said that they would send me away, but later on he said that they would give me some money. Whatever they said didn't move my heart. On the fifteenth day after the Chinese New Year, I was released. I had been detained for 45 days altogether. Zhang personally extorted 3,000 from me, and the Political and Security Team extorted another 2,000. Altogether my family paid them 5,000 yuan.

On September 13, 2001, in order to let the world's people know the truth and to validate the Fa, I went to Tiananmen Square, unfurled a banner, and shouted "Falun Dafa is good!." The police grabbed me and shoved me into a police car. In the car I continued shouting. One policeman bashed me in the face twice. But I continued to shout until we got to Qianmen Police Station. One policeman bashed me in the face over 20 times and hit my head against a wall. They illegally detained me, interrogated me, and locked me in a tiny room for a whole day. In the evening I was taken to the police station and illegally interrogated and detained for a whole night. The next day I was taken to a custodial station in Beijing. I went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. On the seventh day officials from the local police station took me away and detained me in the Yi County Custodial Station for three days. On the third day they took me to the hospital for an examination and found that I had hardly any blood pressure. I was released in the afternoon.

Three days later, on September 26th, 2001, they intended to send me to the forced labour camp. I left home to avoid further persecution. I stayed at a relative's home for 13 months. The CCP was holding the Sixteenth Congress Meeting and the police were searching for practitioners on a large scale. Because I was not at home, the police broke into my home by climbing over the wall whenever there was a public holiday. They harassed my in-laws, my husband, and my child day and night. I was arrested again and taken to Nahe Custodial Station in Helongjiang Province and detained there for two nights. On the third day, Zhang Chengjun from the police station in Yangxiang Township, Yi County, and some other officers took me straight to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp. Camp officials refused to admit me. They then drove me back to Yi County. I was detained in a custodial station in Yi County for 70 days. On January 15th, 2003, officers from the Political and Security Team and Qianyang Police Station took me to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp. On the spot they got a reward of 1,500 yuan as a bonus.

In the labour camp they put me in the First Unit of the Second Team, which was the worst unit. In order to achieve a high "transformation2" rate, Team leader Yang Xiaofeng used people who previously practised Falun Gong but now had stopped to torture Falun Gong practitioners unscrupulously. They didn't let practitioners sleep and physically tortured them. They swore at practitioners and hit them. They monitored them strictly. Practitioners ate black pancakes and preserved vegetable three meals a day. Three of the collaborators beat one practitioner, and six or seven of them would torture one practitioner. Four of them would hold the practitioners' hands and another two would hit the practitioner's heads. While they were beating them, they would ask the practitioners why they weren't "transformed."

After I was beaten, I felt nauseated, dizzy, and out of breath. Then I suffered from high blood pressure and couldn't eat. On the square in the forced labour camp I started to practise the second exercise. I practised for two days. The police extended my sentence for three months. I was traumatised and physically hurt. On December 26th, 2004, I was released. I had been persecuted for two and a half years.

Qianyang Township Police Station in Yi County: 86-416-7211110
Zhang Yanfu, former Director of Political and Security Team of Police Department in Yi County: 86-416-7728528 (Home)
Wang Zhanlin, former Deputy Director of Political and Security Team of Police Department in Yi County: 86-416-7728900 (Home)
Zhang Chengjun, Chief of Xishan Police Department in Yi County, former Director of Qianyang Township Police Station in Yi County: 86-13941620488 (Mobile)


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

2. "Reform or Transform" Implementation of brainwashing and torture in order to force a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong. (Variations: "reform", "transform", "reformed", "reforming", "transformed", "transforming", and "transformation")

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.