Ms. Sun Jinghua Dies from Persecution in Changchun City, Jilin Province

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Sun Jinghua, who was in her forties, lived in the Songjiasanwei Neighbourhood in Kuancheng District, Changchun City, Jilin Province. For the past eight years of persecution, she was forced to live a homeless life to avoid being arrested or had to move often to avoid persecution. As a result of torture in detention, and her difficult life due to the ongoing persecution, Ms. Sun became emaciated, with localised swelling and bleeding. She died on January 5th, 2008.

Ms. Sun Jinghua was a pure, kind housewife. She was previously very quiet, and preferred to be alone due to her weak health. After cultivating Falun Dafa, she became very healthy, warm and open, and was always energetic and optimistic. She took good care of her parents-in-law and treated her siblings-in-law very tenderly. Her neighbours loved to visit with her, and she always helped others willingly. Ms. Sun's husband's and her own family witnessed the changes in her personality and health, saw the wonderfulness of Falun Dafa, and many of them started Falun Dafa cultivation because of her.

After the persecution began on July 20th, 1999, Ms. Sun appealed to government officials and went to Beijing twice to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. For this she was detained for 15 days and sentenced to one year of forced labour. During her detention in the Heizuizi Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City, Ms. Sun developed diabetes and was released on bail for medical treatment.

On June 3rd, 2001, police officer Yang Dechun (male) from the Fenjin Station arrested Ms. Sun and detained her in the Tiebei Detention Centre. She was subsequently released due to her physical condition. In January 2003, Liuying Street Police Station Director He (male, given name unknown) and officer Liu (gender and given name unknown) arrested Ms. Sun again, tortured her in the Kuancheng District Police Department by tying her onto an iron chair1, and then took her to the Daguang Detention Centre.

Repeatedly tortured, Ms. Sun was dying. However the Daguang Police Station and Liuying Street Police Station administrations refused to release her. She was taken to Changchun City Armed Police Hospital for resuscitation. When her family tried to visit her in the hospital, the guards threatened her family saying, "No Falun Gong practitioners are allowed to visit her!"

On October 1st, 2006, officers from the Liuying Street Station and the Changchun City Department once again arrested Ms. Sun then released her. She died on January 5th, 2008. Her death is another blood debt owed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).


1. Iron chair - A torture device made of iron pipes. Victims are restrained on the iron chair with both arms and legs tied for a long period of time. See illustration on

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.