Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Ms. Zhu Yifang Dies after Being Tortured, Hung up with Handcuffs and Injected with Unknown Drugs

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhu Yifang was detained several times and tortured. She became emaciated, and her feet were swollen and had festered. She died at the age of 49 on March 6th, 2012. In 2002, Ms. Zhu was arrested and taken to the Chengdu Detention Centre. She was hung up in a dark room for seven days and seven nights. In 2006, Ms. Zhu was arrested again and taken to the Guangyuan City Detention Centre. The police put her in handcuffs and shackles on a "death bed" in the position of "Five Horses Splitting the Body,” and force-fed her. The prison doctor gave Ms. Zhu some unknown injections repeatedly each day which caused sharp pain, and she was shivering all over.
  • Mr. Zhang Puhe's Life in Imminent Danger after 12 Years of Abuse

    Mr. Zhang Puhe has been subjected to 12 years of brutal mental, physical, and economic persecution for trying to be a kind person by following the principles of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance. He was sentenced to two years of forced labour, and then ten years in prison. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials implicated his family. Mr. Zhang's wife was forced to divorce him. His mother died as a result of intimidation in 2003. His father has become paralyzed. At present, Mr. Zhang remains being detained at the No. 2 Team, No. 6 Ward, Lianjiangkou Prison in Jiamusi City. His life is in imminent danger.
  • Mr. Wu Songgang, an Engineer from Xi’an, Tortured to Death in Brainwashing Centre

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wu Songgang went missing at the end of August 2011. A recent news report stated that he was tortured to death on September 10th, 2011 at the Xuanpingyuan Brainwashing Centre. The brainwashing centre did not operate as usual on September 10th. The personnel locked up all detained practitioners in their rooms and closed all the doors and windows of the centre. However, even that could not stop the noise of Mr. Wu being beaten from being heard. It quietened down after a while, and Mr. Wu was killed that same day.
  • Man in His 70s Seeks Justice for His Daughter and Son-in-Law

    Ms. Liang Guofen and her husband Mr. Liu Gufang, who are both 40, are Falun Gong practitioners from Luliang County in Yunnan Province. They were arrested in March 2010 by officers from the local 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) and Domestic Security Division. Their home was then ransacked. Ms. Liang was sentenced to 12 years and is being held in Yunnan Second Women's Prison. Mr. Liu was sentenced to 7 years and is being held in Yunnan First Prison. Their six-year-old daughter has to live without her parents' support.
  • Detained at Shenyang No. 1 Prison for Over a Year, Mr. Zhu Changming's Life Is in Danger

    Mr. Zhu Changming, a 47-year-old Falun Gong practitioner, was sentenced to 13 years of imprisonment for remaining steadfast in his belief. For the past 10 years, he has been enduring torture in Shenyang No. 1 Prison. Over the past year, he has been denied visits from family members. Every time his family has asked to see him, the guards have turned them away citing his refusal to give up his belief. In order to torture Mr. Zhu, the guards also placed him in solitary confinement. He was not allowed to return home when his father passed away, and the prison even refused to give him a message when his mother-in-law died.
  • Meng Xiuhua and He Shuqin from Yanqing County, Beijing Sentenced, Zhao Caixia Arrested and Detained

    Falun Gong practitioners Ms. He Shuqin, in her 60s, and Ms. Meng Xiuhua, in her 50s, were held for six months before they were each sentenced to three and a half years in prison. They were sent to Beijing Women's Prison on February 13th, 2012. In addition, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhao Caixia, 50, was arrested on December 15th, 2011 at her workplace.
  • Older Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Chen Deguang Files Complaint Against Police for Interrogation by Torture

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Chen Deguang, 66, was arrested in July 2011. He was interrogated by torture during his detention. Mr. Chen filed a complaint against the police for the violence and torture inflicted on him. However, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) judiciary system has completely ignored his claim, and authorities still seek to put him on trial.
  • Ms. Mao Kun on Hunger Strike to Protest Extended Sentence in Chengdu City

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Mao Cui was arrested by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities in 2007. She was sentenced to five and a half years in prison in 2008. She has held strong to her belief in Falun Gong at the Sichuan Women’s Prison. The prison officers threatened that if she did not give up her belief, she would not be released even when her term was up. Since this threat, she has been on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. He has been on a hunger strike for over two months, and her family members are very worried about her physical condition.
  • Ms. Liu Zhi on the Verge of Death Yet Denied Bail for Medical Treatment

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Zhi was arrested on July 12th, 2011 at the entrance to her residence by six police officers. She was held at the Liaoning Province Women's Prison. At the time of her arrest she was in perfect health. When her family visited her in prison in September 2011, Ms. Liu was in terrible condition and was in need of emergency medical treatment, yet the prison authorities claimed that she was fine and refused to release her. By November, she said that she had no feeling in her legs and had lost control over her bladder and bowels. Again, the prison authorities denied bail for medical treatment.
  • Mr. Liang Weisheng Sentenced to Five Years in Prison

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liang Weisheng was sentenced to five years in prison by the Shunyi District Court on December 20th, 2011. On April 26th, 2011, Mr. Liang's downstairs neighbour deceived him into opening his door by claiming to have come to borrow some tools. As soon as the door was opened, about 20 police rushed in and arrested Mr. Liang and his wife. They ransacked Mr. Liang's home until dawn, and took his computer, printer, Falun Gong books and informational materials and other personal belongings. Mr. Liang was taken to the Nihe Detention Centre.
  • Mr. Huang Yanlin from Ningan City Heilongjiang Unjustly Imprisoned for Nine Years and Brutally Tortured

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Huang Yanlin from Heilongjiang Province has been persecuted by the communist regime since July 20th, 1999. For nine years, from 2002 to October 26th, 2011, he was imprisoned and tortured with several methods. One torture method was being force-fed with mustard seed oil: Mustard seed oil was poured into his stomach through his nostrils. The first time, half a bottle was poured in. Several minutes later, the second half was poured into his nostrils. It was as if all his internal organs had exploded. Mucus and tears ran out of his nose and eyes non stop. This was carried out while he was handcuffed and bound to a tiger bench.
  • Mr. An Renrong from Wuyishan City, Fujian Province, Tortured and Interrogated by Police

    Police from the Domestic Security Bureau of Wuyishan City, Fujian Province arrested practitioner An Renrong on December 27th, 2011. The police ransacked his home, and then tortured, interrogated, and arrested him. An Renrong explained the facts about Falun Gong to the police again and again and asked to be released, since he was innocent. He later held a hunger strike for 22 days. On January 17th, 2012, he was released on bail. The Domestic Security Division is still constantly harassing him.
  • Engineer Zhou Xiangyang in Critical Condition from Torture; Prison Tells Mother to “Wait Until He Is Dying”

    Falun Gong practitioner and engineer Mr. Zhou Xiangyang, who is currently detained at Gangbei Prison in Tianjin, is in critical condition. His heartbeat is 40 beats per minute. Zhou's elderly mother has reached out to various officials and organisations to request her son's release, but she still has not received any response. She went to the prison officials to ask to take her son back home. Her request has been rejected numerous times. During one phone call, deputy head Li Guoyu told her to “wait until he is dying.”
  • Ms. Luo Minhu from Kunming, Yunnan Province Arrested by Police, Son Seeks Justice

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Luo Minhu was arrested in June of last year by local police, and her arrest was later retroactively approved by the Procuratorate. Ms. Luo's son decided to appeal for his mother because he believes that she has not done anything wrong by practising Falun Gong, and that the police have no legal basis for the arrest.
  • 610 Office Agents from Huining County, Gansu Province Panic after County Residents Receive Invitations to Trial

    Five Falun Gong practitioners from Huining County, Gansu Province were arrested in September 2011 as they were speaking with villagers about Falun Gong. The practitioners have now been held for more than five months in a detention centre. Huining County Court officials scheduled a trial for them on February 28th, 2012. In response, local practitioners widely circulated an invitation to county residents to attend the court proceedings. People who received the invitations were pleasantly surprised and expressed their willingness to attend the court hearing. This has caused the 610 Office agents (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) who were instrumental in trying to persecute these practitioners to panic. When the practitioners' families talked to the judges, the court personnel repeatedly said that they didn't want to accept and hear the case, but the county 610 Office ordered them to do so.