Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • 1,162 Falun Gong Practitioners Sentenced for Their Belief by Chinese Communist Regime in 2016

    More than a thousand Falun Gong practitioners were sentenced for speaking out against the persecution of their belief by the Chinese Communist Party in 2016. Those sentenced represent 29 provinces and centrally-controlled municipalities in China. They come from all walks of life, including teachers, engineers, doctors, company managers, and business people, as well as retired military and police officers. The longest term—13 years in prison—was handed down to Mr. Wang Desheng, a practitioner from Ningxia Province. His wife, Ms. Shan Jining, was sentenced to three years.
  • Ms. Chen Loses Eyesight After Being Poisoned in Labour Camp

    Ms. Chen Guizhen, a Falun Gong practitioner from Xuyong County, lost sight in her left eye as a result of being poisoned in Nanmusi Women's Forced Labour Camp more than a decade ago. She was given soya milk to drink by the guards. She describes her reaction: "My heart began beating so fast that it felt like it would explode out of my chest. I started having convulsions and was unable to move. They took me to a hospital where I was injected with unknown drugs. I then lost my memory. The inmates grabbed my hands and forced me to sign the three statements to renounce Falun Gong. I gradually began losing sight in that eye and eventually it became completely blind."
  • Belated News: Former Falun Gong Coordinator in Daqing Dies 4 Days after His Arrest in 1999

    Mr. Li Baoshui, a Daqing resident, died days into his arrest on July 22nd, 1999, two days after the Chinese communist regime openly launched its persecution of Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline based on the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The police tried to get Mr. Li to disclose “his Falun Gong roster.” He told them that people were free to come and go in Falun Gong cultivation, and that no one ever maintained a list of practitioners.The police tried to get Mr. Li to disclose “his Falun Gong roster.” He told them that people were free to come and go in Falun Gong cultivation, and that no one ever maintained a list of practitioners. The police refused to explain why Mr. Li had died within four days of his arrest. More than 17 years have passed, but his family’s efforts to seek justice for him have gone in vain.
  • Two Women Injected with Nerve-Damaging Drugs, One Lives to Tell the Story

    The guards told her that the fluid was a nerve-damaging drug used to torture Falun Gong practitioners. After the injection, she felt very sick, her body felt very heavy, and her skin became very loose. When she looked at other people, they looked like skeletons.
  • Husband Passes Away As Wife Sentenced to Seven Years

    Mr. Wang Lihe, a Falun Dafa practitioner in Lanzhou, passed away at his home on November 7, 2016 at the age of 53.
  • Belated News: Tortured Nearly to Death Several Times, Engineer Dies in Forced Labour Camp

    After 14 years of torture for his belief, Mr. Gao Dong died at the end of 2013 in a prison in Shenyang City. He was 49 years old at the time.
  • Gansu Retiree Dies 9 Months after 10-Hour Ordeal in Police Custody

    A 65-year-old man died a painful death less than nine months after an 10-hour ordeal in police custody.
  • Guangdong Woman, 78, Dies Weeks After She Was Sent to Brainwashing Centre

    Ms. Xu Huizhu’s family and friends lost contact with her in late July 2016. They tried to visit her in August, only to discover her dead body. It appeared that she had been dead for days.
  • Belated News: Jilin Man Dies from Injections of Suspected Lethal Drugs

    It was recently confirmed that Mr. Liu Zhaojian, a Falun Gong practitioner from Jilin Province, passed away after suffering from a severe lung condition and coughing up blood.
  • Update on Bakery Owner's Death after 90 Days of Abuse in Detention

    Over two years after Mr. Wang Haijin passed away at home, the Minghui website has received new information regarding police harassment and his final days. Mr. Wang was arrested on April 22nd, 2014, at his shop and taken to a detention centereDuring the 90 days that he was detained, he suffered unimaginable abuse, including force-feeding, beatings, sexual assault, and forced labour.
  • Belated News: Imprisoned Henan Man Dies 3 Hours after Being Rushed to ER

    A Xinxiang City resident imprisoned for his faith died about three hours after he was rushed to the ER. The authorities at Zhengzhou Prison announced the next day that Mr. Fu Jinquan had been released on medical parole. They warned that anyone who disclosed news of his death would be punished.
  • A Tragic Death on Chinese New Year's Eve

    His brothers could not believe their ears. How could their beloved brother, who was only 52 years old and in good health, have died? They asked for an autopsy and explanation.
  • Liaoning Woman Dies 12 Days After Being Arrested for Her Faith

    A Liaoyang City, Liaoning Province resident died less than two weeks after being arrested for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime.
  • Defence Attorney Not Allowed to Defend Falun Gong Practitioner

    Ms Deng Lijuan is a Falun Gong practitioner in Yushu City, Jilin Province. She was put on trial on September 21st, 2016 by the Dunhua City Court. The lawyer whom Ms. Deng's family hired for her, was not allowed in the court by the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong). In court, Ms. Deng described how she was tortured during a brutal interrogation by the police. “I was not allowed to sleep. They tied me to the tiger bench and poured cold water on me. They pulled out much of my hair."
  • Sichuan Man Dies While Imprisoned for His Faith

    Mr. Huang Shunkun was arrested on August 23rd, 2012, for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. He was sentenced to 10 years on May 7th, 2013. He was detained in a detention centre, then transferred to Aba Prison. Mr. Huang was subjected to constant abuse. He was often forced to climb up and down stairs for hours on end. He died on September 30th, 2016.