1. Ms. He Rongmiao is from Li County in Hebei Province. She had many illnesses prior to practising Falun Gong. In 1997, she was fortunate enough to start the practice. Her illnesses went away and she had a very healthy body and harmonious family. After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. He Rongmiao and three other practitioners from her village went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. They were intercepted by the police and sent to Baoding City in Hebei Province. Ms. He Rongmiao was then taken back to a school at Li County the same day. The next day, she was taken home by the CCP Secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee of Xinxing Town in Li County Li Hefang and the Party Secretary of her own village. Her house was ransacked that afternoon. Dafa books were taken away. On November 14th, 1999, Ms. He Rongmiao and another practitioner of her village went to Beijing to appeal again. When they were asking for directions to the Appeals Office at Beijing, plainclothes policemen took their identification cards and locked them up at the Hebei Province Liaison Office in Beijing. They were taken back and put in a detention centre by policeman Chen Guixing from Li County and Party Secretary of Xinxing Town Zhang Yongjiang. The next day, the Xinxing Town government detained local Dafa practitioners. Ms. He Rongmiao's husband was detained for a night and fined three thousand yuan1. Their fourteen-year-old son had to stay home by himself. Ms. He Rongmiao was released after being detained for over fifty days. She had ten thousand yuan extorted from her, plus she was forced to pay for a meal that cost several hundred yuan. The police harassed her for several days and often stayed outside her home to monitor her.
Before May 1st, 2001, Li Hefang, Dagui and Beiyan stayed outside the homes of Ms. He Rongmiao and another practitioner to monitor them for five days. During the 16th National Congress of Communist Party of China in 2002, the police went to ask Ms. He Rongmiao, "Are you going to go to Beijing? Isn't your Teacher asking you to go to Beijing?" Ms. He Rongmiao replied, "Our Teacher did not tell us to go or not to go to Beijing. It's our own decision whether to go to Beijing." A few days later, the police from Xinxing Town arrested her and put her into the Li County Brainwashing Centre for more than ten days. Afterwards, she was transferred to the Zhuozhou "Legal Education Centre" (brainwashing centre) in Baoding City in Hebei Province. The authorities at the centre told her family that she was treated nicely, but actually she was tortured badly. She was forced every day to watch videotapes that slandered Dafa. For protesting the abuse 610 Office2 agent Gao Xuefei slapped her face. She started a hunger strike to protest. Gao Xuefei and two other persecutors Xiaogu and Xiaoyu locked her and another female practitioner from Baoding City Number Two Hospital into a small room without heat or light. They force-fed them with hot pepper powder and beat Ms. He Rongmiao's legs and back with a torture instrument. They tied her onto a chair and force-fed her. After being tortured for a month, she was sent to the Li County Brainwashing Centre for more persecution. Once a persecutor asked her, "Is the 'Tiananmen Self-Immolation' true?" She said that it was staged. That person then cuffed her and another practitioner Yang Jianhui to a tree in the courtyard and did not allow them to go to toilet. They were cuffed for several hours while that persecutor played pool nearby. It was very cold in the evening. 610 Office agent Xiaohui handcuffed Ms. He Rongmiao's arms around a column of the building. One day, a person from Wan'an County in Hebei Province asked Ms. He Rongmiao and another practitioner from Wufu Village in Li County whether they would still practise Falun Gong. They replied that they would. They were dragged to the courtyard and cuffed to trees. Ms. He Rongmiao was handcuffed to a thorny bush so that she had to squat all the time. Ms. He Rongmiao was released later after her family was fined four thousand yuan without being given a receipt. Her legs swelled up after she went home. Her legs healed after she studied the Falun Dafa teachings and did the exercises. Afraid that the police would persecute her more, her family members restricted her activities.
2. Dafa practitioners Xiaoge and her mother-in-law from Hua Village in Li County were arrested and abused at Liwu Town in Li County. Zhu Quan ordered Li Junjiang from Nanguan Group in Liwu Town to beat Xiaoge with her husband's belt and humiliate her by groping her breasts. He said, "Do you know your husband's belt? Now I am using it to beat you. We have orders that it is OK for us to beat you to death." Xiaoge managed to escape after being tortured for a night. Her elderly mother-in-law was not released until the police extorted ten thousand yuan from them.
3. Dafa practitioners Mr. Cui Guijin, Mrs. Niu Junzhi and Mr. Qi Wentong from Pongguo Village in Daqudi Township in Li County were imprisoned at the Li County Detention Centre for 317 days. Each member of their families was forced to pay fifteen hundred yuan to have them released. The Party Secretary of the Pongguo Village Guo Yuejin took the money.
4. Li Hefang led several people to raid Dafa practitioner Ruixian's home in Hedong Village, Xinxing Town in Li County without a permit two days after the Chinese New Year of 2002. They broke her tape player and took Dafa books and Teacher's picture. They also took her to Xinxing Town for interrogation. She was not released until her family spent five hundred yuan to take the persecutors to a restaurant.
1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.
2. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
Chinese version available at http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2006/9/22/138354.html
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.