Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Evil Deeds Committed by Zhou Yongkang in the Persecution of Falun Gong over the Past Two Years

    In April 2011, Central Political and Judiciary Committee head Zhou Yongkang visited Yunnan Province, urging officials there to accelerate the persecution of Falun Gong by organising brainwashing centres. In May he went to Wuhan City and had a large number of practitioners arrested. In June he went to Hunan Province, intensifying the persecution there. In July he went to Shanghai, and in November he went to Xi’an and Hanzhong City in Shaanxi Province, urging officials there to organise brainwashing centres to persecute practitioners. At the end of November he went to Xinjiang Autonomous Region (AR), and in December he went to Guizhou Province. Wherever he went, he urged officials to intensify the persecution, resulting in many practitioners being arrested and sent to brainwashing centres.
  • Mr. Song Tiemin Tortured in Suihua Forced Labour Camp, Two Teeth Knocked Out

    Mr. Song Tiemin was arrested two years ago for practising Falun Gong and served two years of forced labour in Suihua Forced Labour Camp. Two of his front teeth were knocked out when he was being tortured. Mr. Song finally returned home after suffering two years of detention. He recovered with his family's love and care, but the shadow of the physical and mental torture he endured in the labour camp has not gone away. He has woken up in the middle of the night with scenes from the labour camp in his head. There are still thousands of Falun Gong practitioners in China suffering like Mr. Song.
  • Practitioners Persecuted in Beijing Women's Forced Labour Camp

    Several Falun Gong practitioners from Huairou County in Beijing are detained in Beijing Women's Forced Labour Camp and are being persecuted. Among them, Ms. Wen Yuhong and Ms. Sun Guiqing are in very bad physical condition and have been transferred to the first division of the labour camp. They are being force-fed unknown drugs each day. Wen's eyesight has deteriorated and she can't see clearly up-close. She is struggling to walk and her entire body is in pain.
  • Recent Atrocities Committed at Suihua Forced Labour Camp, Heilongjiang Province

    Thirty-one Falun Gong practitioners are currently being held at the Suihua Forced Labour Camp in Heilongjiang Province. Practitioner Mr. Liu Jingzhou was sent to this camp on January 19th, 2012. He refused to write the “three statements” to renounce practising Falun Gong. In addition, he had previously ripped up his name card before being released from forced labour camp detention in September 2011, thus the guards vented their anger on him by ruthlessly beating him. They hung Mr. Liu up and shocked him with electric batons, covered his head with a plastic bag and blew smoke into it, and stabbed him with toothpicks.
  • Four Female Practitioners from Ruichang City Sentenced

    Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Yao Fenglan, Ms. Zhang Daidi, Ms. Han Yuming and Ms. Zhou Meili were arrested by local police while putting up flyers exposing the persecution of Falun Gong in Ruichang City on July 11th, 2011. Three months later, on October 12th, they were put on trial by authorities at Ruichang Court. Three human rights lawyers were hired to defend them. The practitioners' lawyers won long applause from everyone in the courtroom with their defence argument. However, on December 16th, the judges at Ruichang Court sentenced the practitioners to three years of imprisonment.
  • Mr. Liu Qingwei, Ms. Mai Weilian from Dianbai County, Guangdong Province Sentenced to Prison

    Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Liu Qingwei and Ms. Mai Weilian were arrested on August 6th, 2011 by police. They were taken to a brainwashing centre, and are now critically ill from undergoing persecution. Their families requested their release; however, police department officials transferred them to the Dianbai No. 1 Detention Centre. They were sentenced to four, and three years in prison, respectively. The families finally saw Mr. Liu and Ms. Mai in the courtroom after several months of detention, since they hadn't been allowed to visit them in the detention centre. Mr. Liu Qingwei was emaciated, and his face swollen. Ms. Mai Weilian was also emaciated and had a dark complexion.
  • Ms. Mao Kun from Chengdu City on a Hunger Strike for Nearly Seven Weeks to Protest Her Imprisonment

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Mao Kun was sentenced to five and a half years of prison in 2008, and has been incarcerated in Yangmahe Women's Prison in Jianyang City ever since. She has been tortured for refusing to give up her belief, specifically by being hung up using handcuffs on a clothes hanger for several days. In order to protest the torture and abuse, Ms. Mao has been on a hunger strike for nearly seven weeks.
  • Falun Gong Practitioner Zhang Chunming from Qingyun County, Shandong Province, Detained

    On December 15th, 2011, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhang Chunming was arrested at his work in the Zaozhuang area by police officers from the Qingyun Public Security Bureau and the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong). He is being detained at Qingyun Detention Centre. The day before he was arrested, officers broke into his house in his hometown and took away his wife’s mobile phone card. At around 11:00 a.m. the next day, he was arrested where he was working in another city.
  • Letter from Torture Victim of Gangbei Prison, Tianjin

    Practitioner Mr. Fan Jianming, who had direct experience of being tortured by warden Zhang Shilin, including the floor anchor torture, was recently released from Gangbei Prison, where he was tortured for nine years. The following is his appeal to the Justice Division. He states: "Falun Gong practitioner Mr Li Xiwang was tortured to death from being shackled to the floor anchor for ten days (I was a victim of this torture myself). Mr. Zhou Xiangyang's family was trying to appeal to the local justice department about the torture he was experiencing in the prison, but they not only refused to investigate, but connived with the prison to obstruct a lawyer's visitation to Mr. Zhou. Mr. Zhou's wife Li Shanshan was sentenced to two years of forced labour because she had been working on her husband’s appeal."
  • Mr. Zhou Xiangyang in Critical Condition and on Hunger Strike at Gangbei Prison

    Mr. Zhou Xiangyang was jailed in a Chinese communist prison for nine years. He is detained in Gangbei Prison in Tianjin City. There he was locked in a confinement cell, shocked with electric batons, deprived of sleep, and severely beaten. He was also tortured by prison guards for four months with a method called “floor anchor,” in which a person's hands and feet are tied up and fixed to an iron ring on the ground for a long period of time. It is believed that another practitioner, Mr. Li Xiwang, died because of this method of torture. Mr. Zhou went on a hunger strike for over one year to protest the mistreatment he was being subjected to, and was hospitalized several times.
  • Wang Lixin Beaten to Death after Eight Days in Luoyang City Police Custody

    Two brothers, Mr. Wang Lixin and Mr. Wang Yongxin, Falun Gong practitioners have been persecuted over the past 12 years by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). On February 12th, the elder brother, Mr. Wang Lixin, while working in Luoyang City, Henan Province, was arrested by the Domestic Security Team of the Luoyang Police. He was detained at the Luoyang City Detention Centre. Eight days later, he was beaten to death while still in custody. He was 51 years old.
  • Ms. Wu Hongyan from Handan City, Hebei Province Subjected to Forced Labour and Severely Abused

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wu Hongyan was speaking with people about Falun Gong on July 6th, 2011, in Zhaoyuan Park, Handan. Police arrested them. The Congtai District Police Department sentenced Ms. Wu to forced labour for 15 months. Ms. Wu was sent to the Hebei Province Women's Forced Labour Camp on August 9th. She was held in Division No. 4. The division head ordered criminal inmates to beat her because she refused to write the “three statements” to renounce practising Falun Gong. They also took turns physically abusing and mentally tormenting her. She was forced to stand still during the daytime, and at night they took turns harassing her and depriving her of sleep.
  • Ms. Wang Shuxia Beaten to Death in 2008 at Liaoning Province Women's Prison

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wang Shuxia, 45, was originally from Dagujia Township, Faku County, Liaoning Province. She lived in Hujia Village, Xiaonan Town (formerly called Tiefa Town), Diaobingshan City. Before she died she was persecuted numerous times for remaining steadfast in her belief and exercising her right to speak the truth. She once suffered a mental collapse as a result of severe physical abuse and torture under the persecution. She was sentenced and sent to Liaoning Province Women's Prison in Shenyang City on June 3rd, 2008. Only two days later, on June 5th, the prison guard notified local police that Wang had died.
  • The Persecution Experienced by Older Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Lei Anxiang Since 1999

    Because he persists in practising Falun Gong, Mr. Lei Anxiang has been arrested and detained several times in the past 12 years. He has been subjected to forced labour twice and sentenced to jail once. He has been detained for a total of approximately eight years, during which time he was subjected to brutal torture. In the labour camp guards encouraged inmates to attack and torture Mr. Lei. They kicked and punched him. He was forced to kneel down on the ground. They put a wooden board on top of his lower legs and rolled and pressed down on them. As a result, the skin on his legs was torn off and the flesh was ripped open.
  • Engineer Mr. Zhou Xiangyang Close to Death, His Father Demands His Release

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhou Xiangyang was arrested on March 5th, 2011, for remaining steadfast in his belief in Falun Gong. He has been held at the Binhai Prison in Tianjin. Mr. Zhou has held a hunger strike to protest the imprisonment and torture for more than 330 days since his arrest. He was sent to the Xinsheng Hospital for emergency treatment on January 16th, 2012, but IV infusion were stopped over a month ago. He is currently on the verge of death. He is unable to walk, and his heart beats average only 40 per minute.