Sixteen Falun Dafa Practitioners Lost Their Lives As a Result of Persecution

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Gao Shulan , 36, lived in Anzigou Village, Mutoudeng Town, Qinglong County, Hebei Province. She went to Beijing to appeal in November 2000, and she was arrested and detained in the Qinglong County Detention Centre. There she was subjected to all kinds of torture, including lying on ice, ankle shackles, force-feeding, whipping with a leather belt, staying in an icy room, and others. On one occasion guards Wang Jin and Xie (genders unknown) removed Ms. Gao's pants, forced her to lie on a bench face down, and beat her until she passed out. Authorities extorted three thousand yuan from her family before releasing her. Upon returning home, Mutoudeng Town police harassed Ms. Gao and threatened her at home. Gao Shulan suffered tremendously both physically and emotionally, and she eventually developed uterine cancer. Ms. Gao passed away in February 2002.

Ms. Li Wanlan, 45, lived in Dongpuwa Village, Dongpuwa Township, Wuqing District, Tianjin City. Before practising Falun Dafa, she had had surgery three times to remove tumours. After beginning Falun Dafa practice she became very energetic and no longer needed medicine. She went to Beijing to appeal in 2000, and was held for 15 days at the Wuqing District Detention Centre. Government officials from her village and town constantly harassed her at home. Ms. Li was under extreme emotional pressure, and her old illness came back. She died on February 16, 2002.

Mr. Chen Lianchu , 85, lived in Zhujiazhuang District, Rushan City, Shandong Province. His second daughter was sentenced to prison for practising Falun Dafa. The Rushan City 610 Office head Yang Kesong (male) and police from the Zhujiazhuang Substation harassed him at home. Under the intense mental pressure, Mr. Chen died on January 16, 2005.

Ms. Li Guanglan , 67, lived in Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa in December 2000, was arrested, then later released after she held a hunger strike to protest. The police arrested her for passing out truth clarifying materials in a police substation, and ransacked her home in 2001. She was released later because of her physical condition. In April 2002, when the police arrested a large number of practitioners, Ms. Li was forced to become homeless to avoid being arrested at home. She suffered a great deal both in body and mind. Li Guanglan died at the home of her relatives in Shandong Province.

Ms. Lan Xinzhi, 65, was a retired employee of the Acheng City Sugar Bee Breeding Station. She used to have uraemia, but fully recovered after beginning Falun Dafa cultivation in 1996. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, the police harassed and threatened her repeatedly at home, and forbade her to practise Falun Dafa. Lan Xinzhi was severely injured both in mind and body. Her old illnesses returned, and she died on October 23, 2001.

Ms. Liu Runzhi ,70, was a retired employee of the Jiamusi City Department Store in Heilongjiang Province. She obtained the Fa in 1995, and all her diseases disappeared. After July 20, 1999, the cultivating environment was gone, and her old illnesses returned. Ms. Liu died in May 2001.

Falun Gong Practitioners Ms. Ni Shuqin and Ms. Jiang Guirong from Northeast China Have Died as a Result of Torture

Ms. Ni Shuqin, from Liaoning Province, was arrested and detained by the police several times because she refused to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa. In 2002, she was sentenced to 4 years of imprisonment. She was tortured to the point of being critically ill and extremely weak in Dabei Prison of Shenyang, Liaoning Province. On October 16, 2003, Ms. Ni was released on bail for medical treatment. She died on March 13, 2005. The details are as follows:

Ms. Ni Shuqin, 65 years old, had been a resident of the Hekanzi Village of Hekanzi Town of Linyuan City, Liaoning Province. The police from Hekanzi Town Police Station and the Political Security Section of the Linyuan City Public Security Bureau, had forcibly sent her to a brainwashing centre once before. Ms. Ni had been detained in the First Detention Centre and then in the Second Detention Centre of Linyuan City. She was then sentenced to 4 years of imprisonment. The first three times the police attempted to put her in prison, the prisons refused to take her. On October 17, 2002, Dabei Prison agreed to accept her.

While at Dabei Prison, Ni Shuqin suffered barbarous beatings very often. She was also forcibly given injections of unknown drugs. She had been tortured to an extremely weakened state, causing high blood pressure, and she became emaciated. Due to her fragile condition, Ms. Ni was released on bail for medical treatment. On October 16, 2003, after experiencing various tortures for a year, she was sent back home. But because the authorities continued to harass and threaten her, Ms. Ni was unable to recover from the physical and mental damage. She died on March 13, 2005.

Ms. Ni Shuqin had published an article on on January 3, 2005, exposing what she suffered in the Dabei Prison. She described her experiences in her article as follows,

"I refused to cooperate with the police's wrongdoings. A chief officer called my three children to the prison, in an attempt to coerce me into writing the Guarantee Statement. I refused to do so. The chief officer said to me that if I refused to be "transformed," they would harass my children. They ordered a few collaborators to read slanderous articles against Falun Dafa to me every day. They also forced me to take unknown drugs. I refused to take them, so the cellmates and collaborators dragged me to an empty room, and violently forced the pills into my mouth. I still refused to swallow them, so they pushed my head onto cement bricks on the floor. My forehead has become severely swollen many times from this abuse. They also ordered a group of people to drag me to a hospital, and forced me to take injections of unknown drugs. The chief officer tried to coerce me into agreeing to a fake 'transformation.' I thought that I would never ever bring such shame on Dafa and that I must validate Dafa openly and honestly. How could I accept a fake 'transformation'? Then the chief officer called my son to prison, attempting to force me into giving up my belief in Falun Dafa through sentimentality. I said to my son in front of the policemen, 'You know Dafa is good and that your mom is a good person. The vicious political regime has persecuted me. They have sent me to this prison. I have already been in this situation. Would anything else scare me? I'll never renounce my Master and never renounce Dafa. I'll never give up my cultivation practice.' Whenever the chief officer tried to force me to write the Guarantee Statement, I refused to follow his orders. Finally they had a policeman write it on my behalf. How vicious it was!"

During those days of persecution, Liu Guofu, the head of the Hekanzi Town Police Station, extorted 1,000 yuan from Ni Shuqin. When she was in Dabei Prison, Ms. Ni's family members had been illegally fined over 10,000 yuan by the prison. Ms. Ni Shuqin's family members even paid the 500-yuan travel expenses of the chief officer for his round trip to the Hekanzi Town Police Station.

Ms. Jiang Guirong

Ms. Jiang Guirong, 70 years old, was from Yanji City, Jilin Province. She learned Falun Dafa in 1995 and had been a diligent Falun Gong practitioner. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, the police often went to her home to harass her and they arrested her twice. On April 12, 2002, the police took Ms. Jiang away from her home. However, with her family members' rescue efforts, she was released. On March 2, 2003, the police took Ms. Jiang away again. This time she was locked in the Chaoyang Police Station for 3 days. During these three days, she suffered brutal beating and torture, including not being allowed to sleep or eat. She was then sent to a detention centre. Ms. Jiang's family members exhausted all their efforts to rescue her. When Jiang Guirong was released again, she had suffered a mental collapse and was unable to recover. Ms. Ni passed away on June 15, 2003.

Practitioners Yin Guimin, Tang Jilian, Wu Yuemei and Kan Ziqing Die as a Result of Persecution

Ms. Yin Guimin, 54, lived in Fuyuan County, Heilongjiang Province. She had many ailments before beginning cultivation practice, but they all disappeared after practising Falun Gong. Ms. Yin was arrested and detained in December 2000 by her local town government officials because of her practice of Falun Gong. Her husband went to request her release, and wrote a guarantee statement for her. Yin Guimin was often harassed and threatened by local officials, and she suffered a great deal both physically and mentally. Ms. Yin died on March 7, 2005 as a result of the relentless persecution.

Ms. Tang Jinlian, 50, lived in Yunfu City, Guangdong Province. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa in March 2000, and was detained for 15 days and sent back to Yunfu City. Police and officials from the local 610 Office harassed and threatened her continuously. Ms. Tang died in the latter half of 2003.

Ms. Wu Yuemei, 64, was a retired employee of Yiyang City Light Bulb Factory. She was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in 1995, but her tumour disappeared after beginning Falun Dafa cultivation in June, 1996. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, Falun Dafa was under suppression, and she suffered tremendously when her practitioner brother and nephew were both detained. Ms. Wu died on February 14, 2003.

Mr. Kan Ziqing, 46, previously worked for Daxing Coal Selection Plan in Tiefa City, Liaoning Province. He was detained for going to Beijing to appeal during October-November, 1999. During his detention, he was tortured, deprived of sleep, beaten and cursed, pierced with needles, his face was slapped with a shoe sole, and cold water was poured on his head. The criminal inmates tried to coerce him into writing a guarantee statement, and burned his toes by placing lighted paper strips between his toes. Mr. Kan could not take the torture any longer, and wrote a guarantee statement, but he deeply regretted it after being released. Kan Ziqing died in June, 2000 due to the accumulation of fluid in the liver and abdominal cavity, a condition resulting from the abuse he suffered in detention.

Three Practitioners, Ms. Zhao Shufan, Ms. Zhang Yaqin, and Mr. Zhang Shuzhu, Passed Away with Great Sadness

Ms. Zhao Shufan, 75 years old, was from the Tang's Village, Baimashi Town, Lianshan district, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. She started to practise Falun Dafa in August 1996. Consequently, without the aid of medicine, she recovered from the bronchitis that had tormented her for more than 50 years. Her fellow villagers, upon seeing the great changes in her after she started practising, also started to practise Falun Gong one after another. More than 30 people started to practise Falun Dafa and she established a Fa study group at her home. After July 20, 1999, the day Jiang Zemin's regime launched the persecution against Falun Gong, the elderly lady, together with her second son, went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practise Falun Gong. At the Tianjin Bus Station the police demanded that they abuse the founder of Falun Gong. They refused to do so and, consequently, were escorted back to Huludao City where they were detained in a detention centre. Later, she and her second son were each sentenced to three years of forced labour. In the meantime, policemen extorted 5,000 yuan from them. After she was finally released and came home, Ms. Zhao felt highly oppressed. The condition persisted for such a long time that she started to suffer from various diseases. She died with great sadness on December 25, 2004.

Ms. Zhang Yaqin, 34 years old, was from the Chengguan Town, Jiayu County, Hubei Province. She had suffered from severe tuberculosis before she started practising Falun Gong. After she started to practise Falun Dafa in 1996, she became healthy both physically and mentally and became younger and more beautiful. On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Gong. However, many new practitioners steadfastly continued to practise because they were influenced by her persistence. In 2001, together with several fellow practitioners, Ms. Zhang went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. On the way, someone reported them to the police and they were escorted back to their hometown. Not long after she was detained illegally, she and another Dafa practitioner, using their wisdom, safely escaped from the detention centre. After that, Ms. Zhang became homeless in order to avoid being arrested from home. Although she was homeless, she still compassionately tried to persuade practitioners who had the attachment of being afraid to go outside to tell people the facts about the persecution. Because she remained homeless for such a long time, Ms. Zhang lost her stable cultivation environment. The three members of her family were separated and lived in three different places (her husband was doing manual work in Guangdong Province). The local police searched for Zhang Yaqin and frequently went to her home to threaten and force her family members to reveal her hiding place. Even her child was bullied at school. The persecution hurt Ms. Zhang very badly, both physically and mentally, which caused a recurrence of her old diseases. She passed away in the midst of grief and sadness due to the persecution, only several days after she returned home in late April 2002.

Mr. Sun Shuzhu, 55 years old, was a retired worker from Longquan Town, Muping County, Shandong Province. He started to practise Falun Dafa in 1997 and did the Falun Gong exercises with his wife. After July 20, 1999, the local government detained his wife many times, often ransacked his home and harassed his family. In the past several years Mr. Sun was constantly harassed without even one minute of peace. It greatly affected him that he had no way to lead a normal life. Sun Shuzhu passed away on March 1, 2005, under a burden of tremendous sorrow.

College Student Zhang Jiawei from Heilongjiang Province Traditional Chinese Medicine University Died in 2002

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Jiawei was a student at Heilongjiang Province Traditional Chinese Medicine University. He went to Beijing to clarify the truth and validate Falun Dafa, and was mistreated by his school administration. He suffered tremendous mental pressure and died on November 23, 2002.

Mr. Zhang Jiawei, 22, was from Xinhua Village, Xinxing Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. He had cancer before beginning Falun Dafa cultivation, had been operated on twice, and the prognosis was extremely poor. After he began practising Falun Dafa in 1996, his condition improved dramatically. After the persecution began in 1999, Mr. Zhang went to Beijing to clarify the truth and validate Dafa on December 15, 2000. Upon his return, the school authorities forbade him to practise the exercises or study the Fa. This subjected him to great mental pressure, and Zhang Jiawei died on November 23, 2002.

The Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Heilongjiang Traditional Medicine University required applicants to complete a "Political Opinion Survey" form, on which the most important point was "Your understanding of the [slanderous word omitted] Falun Gong." This form clearly stated that each application form must accompanied by written proof, from a police substation or an employer, that the applicant had never practised Falun Gong, in ordered to be considered.

Dafa Practitioner Ms. Hao Peijie, an employee at the same university, was detained in the Wanjia Forced Labour Camp, where she endured brutal torture. Women's prison officer Zhou Muqin and inmate Bai Xuelian beat her and kicked her, injuring her eyes and ribs. She was in extreme pain and could not move.

Chinese versions available at:

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.