Warden at the Huairou Detention Centre Threatened to Send Me to Northwest China, Never to Return

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Over five years ago I was illegally detained at the Huairou detention centre in Beijing for practising Falun Gong. Because I would not tell them my name, the ward threatened to send me to northwest China and that I would never come home again if I refused to tell my name. Only now do I realise that this was not just a threat, it was for sure.

On the morning of January 1st, 2001, I went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to appeal for a stop to the persecution at the Golden Water Bridge. A policeman abducted me and took me to a basement at Qianmen, where I was locked up in a big iron cage. Within a few hours, the police had detained more than a hundred Falun Dafa practitioners there.

The policemen began to send the practitioners to different places. They had two buses full of practitioners, in each bus five policemen were on watch. We were first sent to a detention centre in Nanhu (I happened to see the name of Nanhu the next day) and we were detained there overnight. The next morning we were put on two buses. In each bus there were over forty Falun Dafa practitioners, we were sent to a detention centre in Changping. After a while we were sent to a detention centre in Huairou.

None of the arrested practitioners would tell their names and addresses, since we knew from classified documents of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) that whenever a Falun Gong practitioner appealed, the spouse of the practitioner would be fired and fined 8000 to 10000 yuan, and from the officials in his/her workplace to the police department and police substation, all would be punished. The CCP utilised the method of provoking the masses to fight with each other as another method of persecuting those who practise Falun Gong. Therefore, in order to protect the innocent, Falun Gong practitioners did not report their names and addresses.

On that day there were over three hundred practitioners detained at the detention centre in Huairou, and everybody was numbered. I was No. 196. The wards put all young people in one room and all elderly in another room. Everyone was stripped and examined. We were asked what kind of diseases we had before and they took our pictures and fingerprints.

Beatings against Falun Dafa practitioners were routine. Whenever a detainee did not lower his/her head at name-calling and interrogation, or did not wear a badge, or did not recite the prison rules, or practise, he/she would be beaten severely. Female practitioners were not provided sanitary napkins during their period; even if you had cash you could not buy any.

Practitioners were tortured, beaten up, shocked with electric batons, and physically punished in the posture of flying an airplane. They were forced to walk barefoot in the snow, cold water was poured onto them, then the door was opened and they would turn on an electric fan, and there was forced feeding. Two military doctors did the forced feeding.

When I was interrogated, the warden said: "I'll let you go home if you give me a fake name. Unless you tell me your name, I'll send you to northwest China and you'll never go home." At the time I did not think much about the threat. Only now after the exposure of the CCP's harvesting organs from live Falun Gong practitioners, do I realise that what the warden said was true.

I remember that in the detention centre in Huairou, bulletin boards all over the room displayed when practitioners were detained, sentenced or sent away. During that time Falun Dafa practitioners never had any contact with their family members, and nobody knew what they suffered there or where they were finally sent.

I'm a survivor. In only fifteen days when I was detained at the detention centre in Huairou, my weight reduced from seventy kilogrammes to fifty kilogrammes after being tortured. It was after a hunger strike of fifteen days and under the protection of benevolent Master that I had the symptoms of fever, dizziness and low blood pressure, I was released unconditionally.

Here I call on fellow practitioners to urgently search for those missing Falun Dafa practitioners, expose the evil persecution and save fellow practitioners.

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.