The Persecution That I Experienced: the Chinese Communist Party's Deceit and Lies in the International Investigation

After the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP's) crimes of removing organs from living Falun Gong practitioners were exposed, the CCP was confronted with more investigations by international organisations. The CCP plotted to deceive the investigators of international organisations by all means at their disposal. I would like to document the persecution that I experienced during the time when Mr. Manfred Nowak, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, visited Beijing Haidian Detention Centre for investigation and when the UN International Labour Organisation visited Beijing Tuanhe Forced Labour Camp to expose the CCP's ploys when faced with investigations from international organisations.

During the time when U.S. President Bush visited China in 2005, on November 21st, Mr. Manfred Nowak, the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture, also visited Beijing. Mr. Nowak was followed closely by CCP agents wherever he went during his visit to Beijing. Many Falun Gong practitioners wanted to tell Mr. Nowak of the persecution that they had experienced themselves, yet they couldn't find a way to contact him.

The UN Special Rapporteur on Torture Visited the Beijing Haidian Detention Centre for Investigation

The Haidian Detention Centre is designed to contain 2,000 to 3,000 people, and each cell of it can hold at most 12 to 13 people. However, at that time, the Haidian Detention Centre held more than 4,000 people, and each cell held as many as 25 or 26 people. In the evenings, more than a dozen people slept on a big board inside the cell as their bed. Besides the people sleeping on the board, there were 6 or 7 people who slept on the floor of the cell even near the urinal, and they were packed so closely together that they had to sleep on their sides instead of flat on the floor. Another 3 to 4 people had to stand to keep watch. The quality of the meals served inside the detention centre is very poor, and there is almost no meat in the prisoners' food. During the day, everyone is forced to work for the detention centre by peeling garlic skins. At present, CCP authorities are trying to squeeze as much profit as possible from detainees by forcing them to work.

Before November 21st, the detained prisoners at the Haidian Detention Centre were informed that the detention centre would hold a drill to prevent detainees from escaping in case of a fire. On the evening of that day, 1,500 jailed prisoners were secretly transferred under escort inside about 30 coaches to the Sujiatuo Administrative Detention Centre in Haidian District, Beijing. The Sujiatuo Detention Centre had already made 30 cells available over there, and each cell could hold 50 prisoners. Since the cell was too small, only 25 prisoners could sleep at night, and the other 25 prisoners could only stand and wait in line to take their turns for sleeping.

After 1,500 prisoners were transferred, the total number of the remaining detained prisoners accorded with the originally designed capacity of the detention centre. The quality of the food served for the prisoners was also improved dramatically. Most of the detained Falun Gong practitioners were transferred and hidden in a single place. All the policemen of the Detention Centre were asked to work overtime and were not allowed to go home. A police officer who participated as an escort during the transport said that at the time, the detention centre brought more than 700 pairs of handcuffs in order to handcuff the transferred prisoners (every two prisoners were handcuffed together by one pair of handcuffs). However, it was still not enough for them. This did not end until November 25.

The UN's Labour Organisation Visited the Beijing Tuanhe Forced Labour Camp for Investigation

On January 9th, 2004, the UN's International Labour Organisation visited the Beijing Tuanhe Forced Labour Camp for investigation. I was illegally detained at Group 3. The camp authorities took all of the jailed Falun Gong practitioners inside, confined them in a single area, and forced them to "sit on a board" in groups. In order to set up a so-called "open interview" for the international investigation team, camp authorities arranged for two practitioners who had been brainwashed and put through multiple rehearsals in advance to answer the visitors' questions. The camp police got nervous, and they cancelled the meeting between the visitors and the jailed Falun Gong practitioners. The practitioners were not allowed to take lunch until 3 p.m. and had to "sit on a board" in groups without talking, walking or looking through windows. As a result, the elaborately planned "open and free visit" was replaced with physical punishment and hunger for the Falun Gong practitioners collectively.

The UN's attempts at making an investigation was turned back by the CCP's ploys. The UN and human rights groups need to be allowed to conduct their independent investigations, without interference from the CCP.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.