Because of Falun Dafa, Man Gives Up Wheelchair

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

I was 56 in 1999 and had practised Falun Gong for three years. My rosy face always glowed with a heartfelt smile. I worked as quickly and conscientiously as a young person, while comments were frequent that I looked only in my 40's.

One April, I got up at 4:30 a.m. as usual and walked briskly to our group exercise site in clean and loose-fitting blue exercise clothes with white sneakers. The spring breeze blew slightly along the way, if only to heighten my sense of comfort and refreshment.

When I arrived at the exercise site, the music of "Pudu" could be heard, with a Falun Dafa banner and poster on display. Nearly 100 practitioners practised here regularly, so passersby were often moved to stop for more information.

As group exercises were about to begin, a woman in her 50's pushed a wheelchair to the site and stopped in front of the "Falun Dafa" poster. In the wheelchair was a man in his 60's. He was dressed in a blue uniform and looked emaciated, with dull eyes and a yellowish face. He was paralyzed on his right side and he did not speak to anyone at all. The woman asked a practitioner about the benefits of practising Falun Gong. Since I did not think it was possible for such an ill person to practice Falun Gong, I assumed he might only have been a casual passerby. Surprisingly, I would see him at the exercise site in his wheelchair every day from then on.

After about three weeks, I saw him in his wheelchair mimicking the exercise movements with his left hand. His body seemed to have straightened up a little, but his eyes were wide-open.

In May, I was surprised to see him sitting on a small stool at the exercise site. I had no idea how he got there from the wheelchair. Some fellow practitioners were cheerfully and excitedly talking to him. From that day, he would practice sitting on the stool. That is, until another two months went by and he suddenly stood up from his stool and started practising the exercises with us. He was about 5'7'' in height with a moderate build. His face was rosy and his eyes were bright. His wrinkles disappeared and he straightened up. He looked completely healthy.

A few days before July 20, 1999, I saw him walking home by himself after group exercises. After July 20, the day the persecution of Falun Gong began, we were excluded from the park by local police. I have not seen him since then. Every time I pass by the exercise site, I often wonder about this man and his amazing recovery.

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.