The ‘Tiananmen Square Self-Immolation’ Is a Poorly Orchestrated Hoax by the Chinese Regime to Defame Falun Gong in Order to Legitimize and Intensify the Persecution

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

The so-called "Tiananmen Square self-immolation" from Jan. 23, 2001 in central Beijing is a hoax, planned and executed by the Chinese communist regime to defame the traditional spiritual practice of Falun Gong.

The World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong (WOIPFG) has collected compelling evidence that the "Tiananmen Square self-immolation" is a conspiracy orchestrated by the Chinese regime involving former Chinese Communist Party head, Jiang Zemin, and former head of the Political and Legislative Affair Committee, Zhou Yongkang. The purpose of the conspiracy is to defame Falun Gong and make Chinese people unquestioningly follow the regime's policy of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

Four key pieces of evidence:

- A computer speech analysis of the voice one of the alleged self-immolators, Wang Jindong, who "cried out" on Tiananmen Square during the "self-immolation," demonstrated that the voices in three episodes of CCTV's "Topics in Focus" supposedly showing an interview with Wang after the incident and the recorded voice of Wang on the square do not belong to the same person. The analysis was conducted by a prestigious voice laboratory at Taiwan University.

- An investigation by Jishuitan Hospital into the sudden death of one of alleged self-immolators, 12-year old Liu Siying, provides indications that the regime might have murdered her for the purpose of destroying evidence and eliminating a witness of the incidence. WOIPFG obtained detailed information from Jishuitan Hospital physicians who treated Liu Siying. One physician said at the time Liu suddenly died she had basically recovered and was ready to be discharged from the hospital. For the period of time including one day before her death, Liu's electrocardiogram and other tests showed normal results. On the morning of Saturday, March 17, between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m., the director of Jishuitan Hospital and the director of the Beijing Bureau of Medical Affairs visited Liu in her ward. They talked to her for a long time and she was "very animated and active," according to a staff member. At around noon, the physicians noticed that Liu was in critical condition. She died shortly afterwards. A WOIPFG investigation also discovered that the autopsy of Liu was conducted at Jishuitan hospital while the autopsy report was issued by the Emergency Center. Except for a brief mentioning of a heart failure, the exact cause of death was never publicized.

- Jishuitan Hospital is located about 6 miles (10 km) from Tiananmen Square. With a siren-sounding police vehicle leading the way, it took the ambulance two hours to travel this distance. According to a Jan. 30, 2001, Xinhua report, the "self-immolation" happened on Jan. 23 at 2:41 p.m. Less than seven minutes after the incident, three ambulances arrived on the scene to take the "self-immolators" to Jishuitan Hospital, since it was considered having the best unit in Beijing to treat burns. However, WOIPFG confirmed with multiple employees of Jishuitan Hospital that the wounded "self-immolators" arrived at the hospital at around 5 p.m. A 20-minutes route took the ambulance more than two hours. What happened during these two hours?

- An award-winning documentary by the independent Chinese-language New Tang Dynasty Television, "False Fire," found numerous holes in the official version by deconstructing video footage that aired on Chinese television after the incident. One revealing slow-motion sequence shows how one of the women, Liu Chunling, who in the Xinhua version supposedly died from burn injuries, received a sharp blow to the head, with what looks like a metal bar, delivered by a man wearing an army overcoat. She is seen crumpling instantly to the ground and most likely died from that blow.
 Furthermore, as shown in the CCTV footage, the surveillance camera covering the square has the unusual liberty to zoom in and zoom out to catch the rights details of the supposedly sudden incident. Additionally, many police officers carry blankets or other distinguishing tools and seem to have been waiting for the incident to happen.

The above evidence supports the claim that this is a regime-staged tragedy.

Now, 13 years have passed since the "self-immolation" incident took place, and the truth of the fabricated incident has spread far and wide. Yet the Chinese communist regime continues the persecution of Falun Gong while repeating its lies inside and outside China. We urge the public to see clearly the deceptive nature of the CCP, continue to demand an end to the persecution, and help bring all perpetrators to justice.

World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong
Telephone: 1-347-448-5790; Fax: 1-347-402-1444
Mailing address: P.O. Box 84, New York, NY 10116

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.