Older Ms. Liu Yuxian Died Just Months after Release from a Detention Centre

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Yuxian from Jilin City, Jilin Province recently passed away in September 2014, after long term persecution. She was 56 years old.

Recent Arrest and Detention

Ms. Liu and two other practitioners were arrested the afternoon of April 18th, 2014 by officers from the Hadawan Police Station after they were reported for talking to people about Falun Gong and the persecution. The police ransacked their homes and confiscated Falun Gong books, an e-reader, and informational materials about the persecution.

Ms. Liu was taken to the Jilin City Detention Centre and held for two weeks. She was later transferred to an empty house on May 3rd, where secretary Su Wei from the residential committee forced her to sign a guarantee statement to renounce Falun Gong against her will. He threatened to withhold her pay and take away her home if she didn't.

Dies Shortly after Release

Four officials from the residential committee including secretary Su went to Ms. Liu's home two days after she was released. They informed her that her husband's and son's cellphones had been tapped, plainclothes officers were stationed outside her building, and that she was being closely monitored. They threatened to sentence Ms. Liu to at least five years in prison if she started practising Falun Gong again or became involved in Falun Gong related activities. Secretary Su frequently harassed Ms. Liu afterwards.

Ms. Liu lived in constant fear and was afraid to visit other practitioners. She became anxious and depressed, and suffered from a sore throat, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and she couldn't walk. She also had chills and involuntary trembling every afternoon. Ms. Liu's health deteriorated rapidly, and she passed away on September 20th, 2014.

Repeatedly Persecuted for Her Belief

Ms. Liu lived in the Carbon Plant Xihe Community in Changyi District, Jilin City. She started practising Falun Gong in 1998. After the persecution began on July 20th, 1999, Ms. Liu went to Beijing four times to appeal for the right to practise Falun Gong. She was repeatedly arrested and detained as a result.

Ms. Liu was sentenced to two years of forced labour at the Xinan Forced Labour Camp after she went to Beijing to appeal in 2001.

Parties involved in the persecution of Ms. Liu:
Zhang Hongyu (张宏宇), director of Hadawan Police Station
Li Yongchun (李永春), police officer of Hadawan Police Station: +86-13944277377 (Mobile)
Liu Zhongshi (刘忠石), police officer of Hadawan Police Station: +86-18043201371(Mobile)
Fu Bin (付斌), police officer of Hadawan Police Station: +86-18043201100 (Mobile), +86-1804320142 (Mobile)
Su Wei (苏微), secretary of Hadawan Carbon Plant Xihe Community Residential Committee: +86-13704313477 (Mobile)

Name: Liu Yuxian (刘玉贤)
Gender: Female
Age: 56
Address: Carbon Plant Xihe Community in Changyi District, Jilin City
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: September 20th, 2014
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 18th, 2014
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jilin City Detention Centre (吉林市拘留所)
City: Jilin
Province: Jilin
Persecution Suffered: Forced labour, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.