Ms. Que Fazhi Died an Agonising Death from Torture

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Ms. Que Fazhi was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Panlian Township, Miyi County, Sichuan Province. When she was alive, she was brutally persecuted by local Communist Party members numerous times. In May 2002, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. On June 3rd, she was arrested by police in Beijing and sent to Dongcheng Detention Centre. Later, she was blindfolded and transferred to the basement of a nearby hospital where she was handcuffed and shackled onto a bed and given injections of unknown drugs. On October 30th, 2002, she died in extreme pain at the age of 49.

Ms. Que Fazhi was a peasant in Shuitang Village. Before she started practising Falun Gong, she suffered from rheumatism, back pain and several other illnesses. After she started to practise Falun Gong, all her illnesses disappeared. When the Communist Party started to persecute Falun Dafa in 1999, Ms. Que went to the Civil and Politics Department of Miyi County and relevant departments in Panzhihua City to appeal and tell the government officials how she personally had benefited from practising Falun Gong. The local officials completely ignored her and then lied to her, saying that they would present whatever she reported to them to their superiors. One month later, the central government declared that practising Falun Gong was a crime. On October 30th, 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal. She was sent back to Miyi County and was detained for seven days.

In December 1999, Wang Zhengming, the deputy township mayor, and seven other people deceived Ms. Que Fazhi and put her into the village brainwashing centre. Team director Chen Youjun and five others forced her to sweep the streets every morning and read articles slandering Dafa. Around December 20th, when she practised the exercises in the evening, Li Laoer, a hired roughneck, happened to see her when he came downstairs. He grabbed her and began torturing her. Chen Youjun heard the beating and swearing, and they all came downstairs. Three other practitioners--Ms. Que Faxiu (Ms. Que Fazhi's older sister), Mr. Yang Shunfa, and Mr. Gong Zhihui--heard the beating and came out to take a look. Chen forced all of them to come out and squat in military position. Three young men, Li Laoer, Pu Jun, and Liu, savagely beat one practitioner at a time. They kicked each practitioner and placed the book slandering Teacher and Dafa on top of the practitioners' heads. They asked the practitioners in turn whether they would read the book aloud. Each practitioner said, "No." The three of them then circled around each practitioner and beat him or her fiercely on the back with their fists and kicks.

If the slanderous book they had placed on a practitioner's head fell, they circled around him or her and beat the practitioner ferociously. When Mr. Yang Shunfa refused to read the book, Li Laoer kicked him to the ground and stomped on his back. Then he pulled him up and kicked him down repeatedly. They surrounded Mr. Yang and kicked him without letup for half an hour.

The tyrants kicked Ms. Que Fazhi, Ms. Que Faxiu and Mr. Gong Zhihui against a young tree so hard that the tree was crushed. The three practitioners all suffered the same torture that Mr. Yang Shunfa endured for half an hour. The thugs then struck the practitioners' feet and lower backs with a club from midnight to seven in the morning. Chen Youjun then ordered them to stand from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. The punishment did not stop until the staff came to work that morning. The practitioners were sent back to small rooms, one practitioner per room. The "bed" was a paper sheet and a bamboo mat on the floor. After breakfast, Chen Youjun forced the four practitioners, who had multiple injuries, to sweep the nearby streets.

Mr. Gong Zhihui's feet and back were seriously hurt, Mr. Yang Shunfa's back was blue and purple, and Ms. Que Faxiu and Ms. Que Fazhi's lower backs and feet had numerous bruises. When Mr. Gong Zhihui was sweeping the street, he could not even lean forward to pick up the broom when it fell down. He could only pick it up with the tip of his foot. He walked as if he were lame, however Chen Youjun forced him to sweep the courtyard of the local government offices. After Mr. Gong finished sweeping, Chen forced him to read articles slandering Dafa. Staff in the local government noticed that the practitioners looked extremely weak. They were afraid that the practitioners would collapse, so they let the practitioners go back to their rooms to take a rest.

Three days later, because the four practitioners still refused to write the so-called guarantee statement to give up practising Falun Dafa, Yan Jiqing called them into his office. The six evildoers were also present. They asked the practitioners whether they would obey the six notices from the Department of Public Security. The practitioners replied that they would not obey them because the six notices were wrong. Yan Jiqing gave a hint to the evildoers with his eyes to beat the practitioners. One of the thugs, An Qiang, struck Mr. Gong Zhihui's back and legs with a club. Pu Jun did the same thing to Mr. Yang Shunfa. They beat the practitioners' arms and shins using a club. They didn't stop until they were afraid the practitioners would die on the spot. Pu Jun and An Qiang then called Ms. Que Fazhi and her elder sister, Ms. Que Faxiu, into Chen Youjun's office and beat them as well. Ms. Que Faxiu passed out immediately. She gradually came to after Chen Youjun gave her some sugar water.

After Mr. Gong Zhihui was sent back to his small room, he passed out. When he regained consciousness, he wanted to use the restroom. He slowly reached his shoes and put them on. However, he could not stand up after several attempts. Chen asked him, "What happened to you?" Mr. Gong replied, "I cannot stand up." Mr. Gong's legs suffered spasms from the beating, the flesh on the back of his legs was broken, and his back was injured. He had to lay on the bed and he could not sit. He passed out again from the pain. On the second day, Chen Youjun went to each practitioner's room and attempted to force them to write the guarantee statement again. All the practitioners firmly refused.

They did not release these practitioners until December 31st, 1999, one day before New Year's Day.

In July 2000, Shuitang Village officials again set up a brainwashing centre to persecute practitioners. Those involved included village head Xu Chaoyou, Yang Tinghe, and others. Ms. Que Fazhi was sent to the brainwashing centre and subjected to persecution. In the morning and afternoon, she was forced to run in circles for one hour and to stand for one hour. Xu Chaoyou monitored her when she was running. Another practitioner in his 70s was not strong enough to run, but Xu forced him to run quicker to catch up to the others. They read slanderous articles to the practitioners, and deprived practitioners of sleep for 48 hours. Practitioners were only allowed to stand or squat. Those who refused to write the guarantee statement were sent to the brainwashing centre in Panlian Township and subjected to continued persecution.

Chen Youjun dragged out practitioners Zhang Jun, Mr. Liu Yunlong, Que Qingbo and beat them. Mr. Liu Yunlong was held in the brainwashing centre for three days. He was denied sleep for two days and was forced to pay a 300 yuan1 fine. His back was injured from the beating. His father paid bail and took him home after three days.

In 2002, when Ms. Que Fazhi was posting leaflets exposing the persecution, someone noticed her. She escaped and had to live a homeless life thereafter to avoid being persecuted.

In May 2002, Ms. Que Fazhi went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. At Tiananmen Square she was arrested by plainclothes policemen and sent to a nearby police station. At midnight she was transferred to Dongcheng Detention Centre. On the second day, she was again transferred to the basement of a nearby hospital. Before she was sent to the basement, the police blindfolded her. They took off the blindfold after she was already in the basement. She saw policemen armed with guns. They forced her to lie on the bed, then handcuffed her hands, and shackled her feet to the bed. Then they injected her with unknown drugs. A few days later she was sent back to Dongcheng Detention Centre. The police told her that if she refused to reveal her name, she would be sent back to the hospital again. She told them her name and home address for fear that she might be sent back to the hospital. Yang Zihua from Miyi County went to Dongcheng Detention Centre to get her back. Police in Dongcheng Detention Centre told Yang that Ms. Que Fazhi had heart disease, her kidneys were failing, and she could not live long after she returned home. Actually, they were describing the effects of the drugs they had given her. She did not have heart disease or failing kidneys.

After Ms. Que was sent back to Miyi County, she was held at the detention centre. She had such a high fever that she had to put her chest close to the areas of the floor with water. She suffered tremendously from the heat in her heart. She sometimes put her chest on the floor and sometimes put it onto the edge of the bed to cool herself. For the whole night, she rolled back and forth on the bed. The poisonous drugs were torturing her body.

Several days later, Ms. Que was sent to the county hospital for an examination. The doctor said she was in critical condition and could die at any time. The detention centre was afraid to take responsibility and released her.

Upon returning home, Ms. Que had egg-sized, stiff bumps along her lower stomach, groin, hips, and thighs due to the effect of the drugs. Yellow liquid seeped from all areas of her body. She was on the brink of death. However, Chai Faxiang, from the Politics and Security Division, and ten other policemen still went to her home to harass her. Several months later, her whole body was swollen and stiff. She could not sleep or take care of her daily needs and she became incontinent. Around October 30th, 2002, Ms. Que Fazhi died in excruciating pain.

Lawless officials who were involved in the persecution of Ms. Que Fazhi in Miyi County:

Officials involved in the persecution in the brainwashing centre in 1999 and 2000:

Yan Jiqing, secretary
Wang Zhengming and Yang Ting, deputy township mayor
Chen Youjun, in his 30s, team leader
Pu Jun, in his 20s, a former military soldier
An Qiang, in his 20s, roughneck from a gang
Li Laoer, in his 30s, a former military soldier
Liu, in his 20s
Yan Wenhong, secretary of the Chinese Communist Party committee of the county between 1999 and 2001
Li Qunlin, secretary of the Chinese Communist Party committee of the county between 2001 and 2003

Shen Jun, County mayor between 2001 and 2003, later transferred to Panzhihua City. In late 2004, he returned to Miyi County and assumed the position of secretary of the Chinese Communist Party committee of the county. In late 2005, he was transferred to the western district of Panzhihua City.

Tang Juzhou, court judge between 2001 and 2005
Wu Tianhua, head of the 610 Office between 1999 and 2001
He Hongpei, head of the 610 Office between 2001 and 2003
Kuang Shaoming, deputy head of the 610 Office between 1999 and 2005
Dong Mingyuan, deputy head of the 610 Office between 2005 and 2006
Wang Yongxiang, head of the 610 Office between 2004 and 2006

Miyi County Police Station:
Operator: 86-812-8172062
Director: 86-812-8174736, 86-812-8174832
Liang Jinchuan, director between 2000 and 2003
Liu Ming, director between 2000 and 2003
Li Guohong, director between 1999 and 2004: 86-812-8175009, 86-13908149342 (Mobile)
Detention Centre: 86-812-8172367
Wu Xueming, director of the detention centre between 1999 and 2002
Zhu Chenglong, deputy director between 1999 and 2003, director between 2002 and 2006: 86-812-8172367, 86-13982378416 (Mobile)
Liu Qizhao, political instructor between 1999 and 2001


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.