Ms. Jiang Xiuxiang from Shandong Province Suffered Torture and Psychiatric Abuse Before Her Disappearance

Ms. Jiang Xiuxiang is a Falun Gong practitioner from Yuanchuan Village, Renhe Town, Rongcheng City, Shandong Province. She learned Falun Dafa Fa in 1996. She benefited physically and mentally from Falun Gong cultivation practice.

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong on July 20th, 1999, Ms. Jiang Xiuxiang went to Beijing to speak out for justice. On the way, she was arrested in Laiyang. In the police car, Ms. Jiang practised the sitting meditation. Four policemen carried her by force to Nanshan Hotel in Renhe Town where the police kept her bound to a chair and had her watched around the clock in an attempt to force her to renounce Falun Gong in writing. Ms. Jiang went on a hunger strike as a non-violent means to protest the arrest and incarceration. Meanwhile, the police drank and partied in town, making her pay all their expenses to the tune of around 800 yuan1.

On April 30th, 2000, Ms. Jiang made a second attempt to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but she was arrested in Yantai and taken to Rongcheng Detention Centre. A policewoman named Xing Jianping is fierce and cruel when it comes to torturing Falun Gong practitioners. Xing allowed Ms. Jiang merely two hours of sleep each day. Xing had Ms. Jiang hung in the air from the ceiling beam by her wrists for over 10 hours at a time. In addition, Xing spread coarse sand over scorching hot concrete ground in the middle of the summer and had Ms. Jiang walk on her bare knees over the sand. Even when blisters appeared on Ms. Jiang's knees, Xing would not stop the cruel torture. In the end Ms. Jiang's knees were covered with blood and fluid from abraded blisters. Her trousers were soaked in blood. She was unable to walk. Moreover, Xing Jianping shocked Ms. Jiang with an electric stun baton on her neck, breasts, and vagina, causing a horrid smell of burning flesh. Xing also denied Ms. Jiang water in the middle of the summer.

Ms. Jiang suffered this terrible torture for over 40 days. The police lied to her family that she would be released as long as they paid the police 10,000 yuan. Once the police collected the money, they put her into a mental hospital where she was subjected to psychiatric abuses, such as being injected and force-fed with unknown, mood-altering drugs. As soon as Ms. Jiang arrived, she was given two injections of psychiatric drugs right away. Then she was force-fed three pills containing unknown drugs twice a day. After a few days, Ms. Jiang showed signs of mental and physical damage from the psychiatric abuse. After a month of this treatment, Ms. Jiang became restless and peevish. Her tongue turned stiff and she was not able to eat. She vomited everything she ate. Finally, she foamed at the mouth and collapsed to the ground. Only then was she released.

After she returned home, the police often harassed her and ransacked her home at will. The police also threatened to arrest her again and send her to a forced brainwashing centre. In 2002, Ms. Jiang decided that she had no other choice but to flee her home to avoid further persecution. No one knows her whereabouts to this day.


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.