Intense Persecution Paralysed Ms. Dai Lijuan in Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province

Name: Dai Lijuan
Gender: Female
Age: 47
Address: 12/Fourth floor, Second Village, Zhong Qiao District, Wuxi City
Occupation: Wuxi City First Non-staple Food Store employee
Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 2003 (She has been paralysed since)
Most Recent Place of Detention: Beitang District Public Security Sub-Bureau
City: Wuxi City
Province: Jiangsu
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, mental hospital, detention

Ms. Dai Lijuan was arrested and taken to Wuxi City Mental Hospital, where she was forcibly injected with poisonous drugs in November 2001 and March 2002. In 2003, the police brutally persecuted her to the brink of death, leaving her incapacitated. She has since had to rely on her mother, a woman in her seventies, to take care of her since she is completely paralysed, and has barely uttered more than a few words in many years.

Dai Lijuan started practising Falun Gong in October 1999. In November 2001, as Dai Lijuan went to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing, she was arrested, taken back to her hometown, and persecuted for four months in the Wuxi City Mental Hospital, where she was forcibly injected with unknown drugs.

In March 2002, she was again arrested for no apparent reason and taken to the Jinchengwan Brainwashing Centre in Wuxi City. Then without notifying her family, she was once again transferred by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) members Wan Huilou, Wu Jian, and Ning Huiyu - to the Wuxi City Mental Hospital. Every day for five months she was forced to swallow unidentified pills, until she was finally released.

In early 2003, while Dai Lijuan was working in her office, local 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) personnel once again came to arrest her and take her to the local brainwashing centre. She was later transferred to the Xuzhou City Brainwashing Centre for further persecution, which lasted more than two months. Lijuan went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and since she was already physically weak, when the guards brutally beat her she reached the brink of death. She was finally taken back home one night, because the persecutors were afraid of being held responsible for the possible consequences.

After resuming her practice and study of Falun Gong, Ms. Dai's health gradually recovered. One day after her full recovery in 2003, as she was distributing leaflets exposing the persecution and telling people the facts about Falun Gong, she was arrested by local police and taken to Beitang Public Security Sub-bureau, where she was brutally beaten throughout the night, to the point where she had to be taken twice to the hospital. The persecution went on for three days. When the police discovered she was on death's doorstep, her family was ordered to come and pick her up.

Ms. Dai retuned home in June 2003. But during her detention, she became paralysed, incontinent, and emaciated, due to the brutal beating and drug injections, rendering her unable to speak.

Responsible people and organisations:

Wuxi City 610 Office
Wuxi City Seventh People's Hospital
Wuxi City Beitang District Public Security Sub-bureau
Wuxi City Jinxing Police Station: 86-510-85404191

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.