Not To Be Forgotten: Practitioners Tortured in Hebei Xingtai Brainwashing Centre (Part 2)

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Continued from Part 1:

Pregnant Woman Administered Unknown Drugs
Wang Lihua was four months pregnant when she was arrested in March 2009.

Officers Wang Jianjun and Hou Shouhong took her directly to the Xingtai Brainwashing Centre, where she was forced to listen to former practitioners who had been “transformed” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] slander Falun Gong.

Ms. Wang refused to give up her faith and was released one month later.

When her baby was born its body was covered with blisters. The baby died shortly after birth. The doctor told Ms. Wang, “I can't pinpoint what toxin caused this, but there is poison in the baby's body.”

Ms. Wang realized she had been poisoned in the brainwashing centre. She recalled that the drinking water she had been given had been tainted yellow, and her prison cell had a foul, indescribable odour.

Wen Baozhi Tortured for Two Months

Wen Baozhi, a female practitioner from Ren County, was detained in the Xingtai Brainwashing Centre in 2004. She was beaten, shocked with electric batons, force-fed through pipes in her nose, and injected with undisclosed drugs.

During the torture, Ms. Wen lost consciousness many times. After two months her family was made to pay 4000 Yuan (US$650) for her release.

This was Ms. Wen's second detention. She had been jailed for four months during 2001, and was later arrested and detained in 2009.

Doctor Mentally Ill After Torture

Zhang Surong was a doctor at Haozhuang Hospital in Lincheng County of Heibei Province.

She and another practitioner were arrested on March 12th, 2003 while they talked to residents of Ciyao Village on the border of Neiqiu County about Falun Gong.

The director of the Lincheng County 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) Li Qingshan fined her family 2000 Yuan (US$325) and sent Ms. Zhang to the Xingtai Brainwashing Centre.

Due to forced sleep-deprivation, torture, and possibly poison in her meals, Zhang was mentally ill when she was released.

She often wanders in the streets barefoot, even in winter, and can't take care of herself. Her family suspects the brainwashing class injected her with nerve-damaging drugs.

Business Woman Tortured to Mental Collapse

Wang Lijuan, a female Falun Dafa practitioner of Wangzhuang Village Lincheng County, owned and operated a restaurant.

On the 13th day of the Chinese New Year in 2004, 20 police officers, including Gao Sanni, came to Ms. Wang's house and dragged her into a police van. She was taken to a detention center.

Wang Lijuan went on a hunger strike twice to protest the torture she was subjected to, so the detention centre staff force-fed her by inserting a plastic tube into her nose. The force-feeding caused her nose to bleed.

After 35 days of detention, policeman Li Qingshan demanded 2,700 Yuan (US$440) from Ms. Wang's family. After receiving the money Li and Feng Shuqun, the local "610 Office" head, sent her to the Xingtai City Brainwashing Centre for intensified abuse.

After three months of torture in the brainwashing centre, Ms. Wang had a mental breakdown. The brainwashing centre sent her home.

Four months of brutal abuse reduced this healthy, active young business woman to a state of mental collapse. Now she constantly talks to herself, holding a stuffed toy monkey. She stares absently into space, and cries and laughs for no apparent reason.

Sometimes she becomes anxious, and yells throughout the night about being watched.

Deprived of Sleep, Forced to Watch Brainwashing Videos

Practitioner Ms. Zhao Huanping from Baixiang County, Hebei Province was sent to the Xingtai Brainwashing Centre on March 4th, 2003. She was subjected to sleep-deprivation and forced to watch hours of videos that slandered Falun Gong.

On October 31st, 2005, she was arrested again while she passed out materials about Falun Gong in the market. She was sent to the brainwashing centre for the second time.

Directors of the Xingtai Brainwashing Centre

Liu Lixiang, the director of the brainwashing centre (a female), took part in and oversaw the torture and brainwashing of many Falun Gong practitioners, including Zhang Guige of Luozhuang County, Wang Yuchuan of Tangshan City, Wen Baozhi of Ren County (mentioned above).

Liu also participated in a political campaign in Shahe City before and after the Chinese New Year in 2005 that harassed dozens of Falun Gong practitioners.

More than 40 practitioners were detained and brainwashed in her centre, and most of their families were forced to pay large fines.

Qiu Youlin, vice director of the brainwashing centre, is responsible for the torture of Falun Gong practitioners.

Qiu Youlin, vice director of the brainwashing centre, was directly involved in the rough force-feeding of Zhang Guangcai, and the verbal abuse, sleep-deprivation and drugging of Wang Lijuan.

Qiu also participated in the torture of Hao Bianyun, including forcefully injecting her with drugs that led to her mental collapse and eventual death at 43 years of age.

Liu Lixiang and Qiu Youlin also played a role in the death of Li Zhiqin, whose family was notified of his death on the second day of his detention in the brainwashing centre. The family has taken the case to court, asking authorities to release the details surrounding his unexplained death.

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.