Another Practitioner from “Shenyang Morning Exercise Case” Has Stroke Symptoms

Agents from Shenyang City Domestic Security Division in Liaoning Province arrested a total of 13 practitioners in a matter of three days in March of last year. Their “offence” was getting together to do the Falun Gong exercises in public.

Dubbed “F321,” this morning exercise case became one of the top priorities for the local authorities in their persecution of Falun Gong. The first joint trial of the practitioners was postponed on March 18th this year after one of the defendants fainted in the courthouse.

Two more practitioners fainted at the second trial on April 15th, but the judge went ahead with the hearing without the two practitioners, who were both sentenced in a later trial.

Ms. Wu Qiuyan (武秋彦) received two years and is now serving time at Pinluo Prison. Before her transfer to prison in June, she already had symptoms of a stroke and continues to suffer from the complications without medical care. She exhibits slurred speech and is emaciated. Each family visitation is closely monitored by prison guards.

Mr. Liu Zhanhai (刘占海) from Harbin, Heilongjiang Province was given four years and sent to Shenyang No. 1 Prison. His appeal request was turned down by the court without a valid reason. His family recently learned that their loved one has also shown symptoms of cerebral thrombosis.

Prison Authorities' Attempt to Get Wife to Sign Waiver Fails

Two days after receiving notification from the prison, Mr. Liu's family arrived at the prison on November 20th. Only his wife was allowed to have a brief visitation with him. During the meeting, two guards had to prop up Mr. Liu as he tried to walk and sit down. He was extremely thin and frail.

The prison authorities claimed that Mr. Liu refused to talk or eat in the past ten plus days, and pressured his wife to persuade him to eat. As Mr. Liu did not speak during the visitation, it was unclear if he was fully lucid.

The prison authorities also coerced his wife to sign a document, claiming that Mr. Liu's severe condition was self-inflicted and a result of his hunger strike, and releasing the prison from any liability. His wife refused and told the prison authorities, “He used to suffer from cerebral thrombosis before practising Falun Gong. He was perfectly fine last year before the arrest. I will hold you responsible and sue you in court if anything happens

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.