Li Ping Exposes Persecution Before Her Death

Ms. Li Ping of Dalian City, Liaoning Province was abducted and imprisoned many times for her persistence in practising Falun Gong. She was twice jailed in Dalian Forced Labour Camp and suffered brutal torture. She passed away on November 27th, 2005.

The website released Li Ping's photos and a video of an interview with her before her death.

These photos were taken on September 13th, 2003 after she was imprisoned for six months in Yaojia Detention Centre and Dalian Forced Labour Camp. Under her arms and on her back remained the scars from the long-term beatings, hanging and other forms of torture. Half a month earlier she had been carried out of the Dalian Forced Labour Camp on a stretcher.

Police and criminals pried Li Ping's mouth open during force-feeding. Several teeth were uprooted. (The Epoch Times) Li Ping's sacrum vertebra festered as a result of the torture. (The Epoch Times)

Scars on Li Ping's knee. (The Epoch Times)

Li Ping said: "On February 27th, 2003, I went to Yaojia Detention Centre to visit an imprisoned sister (who was also a Falun Gong practitioner, but had renounced Falun Gong under pressure at the time) to bring her some clothing. When they discovered I was carrying an article by Teacher Li, I was arrested again. At Yaojia Detention Centre, I was imprisoned in a small cell where my arms and legs were put in shackles and fastened to the ground for six days and nights. After that, I was locked down on a bed. Because I didn't commit any crime, I protested with a hunger strike. They (the police in prison) force-fed me through nasal tubes twice a day. They ordered criminals to beat me, particularly my face. They poured cold water on me. I was reduced to skin and bones. I couldn't walk. I couldn't urinate or defecate by myself. On April 9th, I was carried on a stretcher to Dalian Forced Labour Camp.

"On April 10th, a guard surnamed Han, together with two criminals, Zhao Xiujia and Xie Xiaoli, pressed me against the floor and force-fed me. They used a stick to pry apart my mouth and broke off two of my teeth. There were other teeth in my mouth which became loose and simply fell out later. They tortured my body and wrapped me in a cardboard box for one month. They beat me, trampled on my feet, legs and abdomen. They poured tap water on my face. I was hung up in the cell three times and lost consciousness twice. They sexually harassed me by pulling my nipples, stepping on my private area, and making dirty gestures no one willingly wants to see. They shaved my head, cut my eyelashes, and pulled my pubic hair. They even poured urine on my mouth! They placed bugs on my body and let them bite me. In Dalian Forced Labour Camp, I was locked inside a cage lying on the ground for four and a half months."

Li Ping, 48 years old, started practising Falun Gong in 1996. Since 1999 when the Chinese communist regime launched the persecution against Falun Gong, Li Ping continued to tell the truth about Falun Gong to people and was imprisoned many times. In April 2004, she was jailed at the Dalian Drug Rehabilitation Centre, where she was forced to endure brainwashing for 20 days. She was sent to Yaojia Detention Centre three times in all. She was sentenced to three years in Dalian Forced Labour Camp and Masanjia Forced Labour Camp.

Li Ping said, "On April 19th, 2000, I was sent to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp. To resist the evil persecution, I protested by going on a hunger strike. They put me into a small cell and locked me to a chair. They also forced me to sit on the Tiger Bench1, and they placed bricks under my feet ( Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force them to remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse ). They fed me forcibly through my nose. I was often vomiting blood. I was reduced to skin and bones and became disabled. Eventually, they carried me out of the cell on a stretcher and requested my family to take me back."

After suffering long-term persecution, Li Ping passed away on November 27, 2005. Before her death, she urged kind and righteous people in the world to pay attention to the persecution of Falun Gong and to end it.

Watch Video online:


1. "Tiger Bench": Prisoners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead without movement for long periods of time.

Original version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.