Practitioner Ms. Li Shuyuan Was Murdered and Her Organs Removed; Three Years Later the Family Still Denied Autopsy Report

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

On the evening of July 6th, 2002, Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Shuyuan from Huludao City, Liaoning Province was murdered. The next day, police officers and a doctor dissected her body. They removed her brain marrow and internal organs (heart, lung, liver, intestines, and stomach). More than three years have since passed, yet the officials still refuse to give Ms. Li Shuyan's family the report of the autopsy.

1. Li Shuyuan Killed, Her Organs Removed

Ms. Li Shuyuan was 51 years old and a villager of Dahuangdi Village, in Taijitun Town, Lianshan District, Huludao City. On the afternoon of July 6th, 2002, she went with fellow practitioners to Jinlizi Village to hand out leaflets exposing the persecution. At about 10:30 p.m., she went missing. The next day, police officers from Taijitun Township notified her family to go to the riverside to claim her body.

At about 8:00 p.m., when Li Shuyuan's family went there, they saw about 200 to 300 bystanders. At the bend of a river were two white vehicles labelled "Police." People standing at the outer circle were villagers, and in the inner circle were police, doctors, and other staff from Taijitun Police Station. They surrounded Li Shuyuan's body. Her body lay on the ground naked. It was cut open from the top of the chest to the abdomen. The skin was broken, her white ribs were exposed. All of her internal organs, including the heart, lungs, and liver, were removed, and her blood was all over the ground. The removed organs were contained in four or five plastic bags (placed beside Li Shuyuan's body). The organs had been placed on a piece of her clothing that was lying on the ground. The entire piece of clothing was soaked in blood. When her family saw this, they passed out and fell to the ground. Afterwards, the doctor sewed up her body.

After this "autopsy" was done, Li Shuyuan's family asked the police whether a death certificate was needed to cremate the body. A police officer said that wasn't necessary. Then he quickly wrote a body examination report, which claimed the cause of death as "suffocation." Then he said, "Her heart was fine, and her brain was fine. We needed to remove her other organs to do some tests." After that, two white vehicles took Li's organs away from the scene.

At about 9 a.m., when Li Shuyuan's family was occupied with funeral arrangements, people from Taijitun Town Police Station went to Li Shuyuan's temporary residence. They ransacked her home and confiscated her Dafa books.

Li Shuyuan's internal organs were removed and her body was exposed to the public. Kind-hearted villagers covered her body with clothing. While dressing her body, her family found blood all over her body. They also found large bruises on the right side of her forehead, right cheek, right arm and waist. When placing a hat on her, they found that the facial skin was broken and that the cuts from the dissection weren't sewed up, with fluid still coming out.

About 11p.m., Li Shuyuan's body was sent to Nanpiao District Cremation Centre.

After that, Li Shuyuan's family went to the Huludao City Jurisdiction Bureau to request Li Shuyuan's stolen organs. No one at the Bureau paid attention to their request. On another occasion, Li's brother and sister-in-law asked someone purportedly well-connected with the Jurisdiction Bureau to try to obtain the stolen organs. They were told, "They [the organs] stank, so we threw them out." The officials at the Jurisdiction Bureau didn't provide Li Shuyuan's family with any documentation of the illegal organ extraction.

2. Subsequent Investigation and Analysis

At about 5p.m. on the morning of July 7th, a woman was found lying next to the home of Zheng Shizhong in Jinlizi Village. The woman was lying on her side and both hands were folded behind her back. She had dirt in her mouth and ears. Visible on her were traces of hand-scratching and kicking. Beneath her were Falun Gong materials. In her upper pocket were blood-stained flyers. News of the woman spread throughout the entire village. There were about 100 households in this village; more and more people came over to see what was going on. After Zheng Guangye, Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) visited the scene, he phoned the police station. Afterwards, the Taijitun Town Police Station dispatched a doctor and police officers to the scene. The officials ordered Zheng Guangye to find people to carry the body about 500 metres away from the scene to the bend of a river at the border of Jinlizi Village and Wofu Temple Village.

After police officers arrived at the scene, they didn't perform any investigation. They ordered someone to move the body. Consequently, the original scene displaying evidence of the crime was destroyed. The police officers then took pictures of the new scene. Were they trying to cover up something?

After Li's body was carried to the riverside, they searched her and found Falun Gong materials on her body. They spread them over her body and took many pictures. Later a male doctor in white, before hundreds of bystanders, cut open her body to extract her organs and opened her skull to remove her brain. Many people witnessed this process. After this was done, people from the police station went to Li's home to ransack it. They confiscated a Dafa book. Even though she was dead, they still ransacked her home. They just wanted to prove that Li Shuyuan was a Falun Gong practitioner.

Before 8 a.m. on July 7th, before the police confirmed her identity, police only knew that she was a Falun Gong practitioner. Before her family was notified, and without her family's consent, within 24 hours of her death, the police removed her organs and brain. After her organs were removed, no one produced any documentation recording the procedure. An official only claimed her cause of death as "suffocation." Whether she was suffocated by an external force or by accident wasn't clearly indicated.

When Li Shuyuan's family was collecting her body, they found several things. First, they found that the skin on her head was opened and there was a cut at the bottom of the back of her head. It looked as though her brain had been removed. Later this was confirmed by some villagers. Second, they found large bruises on the right side of her body, her face, her right forehead, and cheeks. She also had bruises on her right arm. There were more bruises as large as a fist on the right side of her lower back.

Before Li Shuyuan went missing on July 6th, 2002, fellow practitioners who were with her confirmed that, when they saw each other off, Li Shuyuan was in good spirits. So the chances of her dying from natural causes is very slim. Li was in good shape when she was alive.

Two witnesses confirmed that, at about 11 p.m. on July 6th, 2002, when Li was handing out leaflets, they saw a large man standing nearby. He looked vicious. Other practitioners who went to Jilizi Village to hand out leaflets also reported that they had seen this person before. It is possible that he was a plainclothes police officer.

From the way Li was found lying down, it appeared as though she had been brutalised by the police. Both her hands were behind her. When a person is about to fall, typically to brace the fall, both hands would be placed in the front. So it isn't possible that both her hands were originally behind her back. It's possible that the plainclothes police officer was sent by the CCP to murder her.

Three years have since passed and people still wonder about the incident.

3. Ms. Li Recalls Her Persecution

After Ms. Li was forced to leave home and go from place to place in order to avoid arrest, she talked about her experiences of being persecuted during the past few years. She wanted to go online to reveal her experiences. The following is her account of what she had suffered while she was alive. The following is based on what Ms. Li recalled.

Li Shuyuan's health condition was very poor, but after she started practising Falun Dafa, she became very healthy. In 1999, when the CCP started the persecution of Falun Gong, she went to Beijing to appeal. She was then detained at Huludao City Police Station. While at the detention centre, Ms. Li continued to do the Falun Gong exercises. Consequently, a warden with the surname Yu beat her with an electric baton and a club until bruises appeared all over her body and she had extreme difficulty moving. After that, Ms. Li went to Beijing to appeal to the government. Later, police officers from the Taijitun Township Police Station climbed over the wall to break into her home. They ransacked her home and extorted 1,500 yuan1 from her, without giving her a receipt.

On July 7th, 2000, the local township police station detained Ms. Li in the Brainwashing Centre. She was detained there for 28 days, during a hot summer. Ms. Li was detained along with 12 other practitioners, men and women, in a room measuring 15 square metres. The room was very hot. In the evenings, they had to lie down on the concrete floor. There were no beds or blankets. Their families were responsible for delivering meals to them. When harvesting season arrived, their families had so much harvesting work to do that they couldn't make time for delivering their meals. The practitioners must have suffered starvation. Sometimes, they were dragged to the ground to be burned under the sun. The Brainwashing Centre officials shocked some practitioners with electric batons.

During the Chinese New Year of 2001, since the township government was afraid that Ms. Li would go to Beijing to appeal to the government, they sent Li Dehua and Yu Detian to Li Shuyuan's home, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. They went there to spy on Li Shuyuan to make sure that she was home. They spied on Li Shuyuan at her home for a week.

On June 11th, 2001, Li Shuyuan went out of town to hand out flyers. She was reported and beaten at the Huangtukan Police Station. Then she was detained at the Nanpiao District Police Bureau. Because Ms. Li refused to reveal the source of the materials, she was struck several times in the face with a notebook by team leaders by with last names Shi and Wang. Li Shuyuan's face became swollen and deformed. Her mouth was broken to the point of festering and bleeding. Her chest was beaten so hard that every time she breathed, she felt tremendous pain. Her feet were kicked until bruises appeared. Yellow fluid came out of the bruises for over one week. After one month she was still in pain while walking. She was beaten from 2 o'clock in the afternoon until 11 p.m. Then she was sent to the Nanpiao Detention Centre and then transferred to the Huludao Detention Centre. On August 27th, she was released.

On September 20th, 2001, two police officers from Huangtukan Police Station went to Li Shuyuan's home and then detained her at the Nanpiao District Police station, where they sentenced her to a three-year sentence in a forced labour camp. They intended to send her to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp. At that time, Li Shuyuan asked to appeal to the court. She was temporarily detained at the Nanpiao District Detention Centre. On the sixth night, Li Shuyuan passed out. She was sent to the Nanpiao District Hospital. Later her family went to pick her up from the hospital. Police officers from the Nanpiao District Police Station and Huangtukan Police Station went to her home to try to arrest her. Afterwards, police officers from Huangtukan Police Station went to her home many times randomly try to arrest her again. So Li Shuyuan was forced to leave home and go from place to place.

Li Shuyuan, her husband, Liu Baoqiu, and her son Liu Yang were all leading a very stressful life. Their financial burden was also huge, because they suffered financial losses from being unable to maintain normal planting and harvesting. While travelling about, Li Shuyuan, afraid of being seen, would often return to and leave her home in secret.

Due to the persecution by the CCP, Li Shuyuan's family is very poor. Fellow villagers chipped in to pay for the funeral expenses. Li Shuyuan's home is a room with a low ceiling. It has a crack at the back wall. In the room there are a pair of storage bins and a table; there are no electric appliances. Every time Li Shuyuan is mentioned to her husband and son, they weep heavily.

4. How Did Ms. Li Shuyuan Die?

How did Ms. Li Shuyuan die? The police removed her organs for a so-called "autopsy." Why is there no autopsy report? How come there was no investigation into her disappearance and death?

Ms. Li was murdered because she persisted in explaining the true situation of Falun Dafa to people and about the persecution under the CCP.

We appeal to the international community to pay attention to the above-mentioned facts. We appeal to the "Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong"

to conduct an independent investigation into Ms. Li's persecution and death.

Country Code: 86

Those involved in this atrocity:

Taijitun Township Police Station in Lianshan District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province: 86-429-4270085

Secretary of the Party of Lianshan District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province: 86-429-4270018

Li Zhiyong, who is the head of Taijitun Township Police Station in Lianshan District, Huludao
City, Liaoning Province: 86-13942954222(Mobile)

Warden Zhou Jiaoguo (who participated in Ms. Li's persecution and still commits crimes to this day)

Zhang Zhiyi (who participated in Ms. Li's persecution and still commits crimes to this day)

Li Zemin (transferred to another workplace)

Former head of the police station Zeng Qingchen (transferred to another workplace)


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.