Since March this year, witnesses have disclosed the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) crimes of organ removal from living Falun Gong practitioners. To expose such atrocities and call on the public to help stop the CCP’s crimes, Indonesian Falun Gong practitioners have been exposing the CCP atrocities in Glodok, Jakarta's Chinatown, since April 22nd, 2006. But these truth clarification activities have been interfered with frequently. The CCP instigation and lies are evident in these incidents. The following is a summary of recent incidences of interference with practitioners' truth clarification in Jakarta.
1. On Saturday, April 22nd, 2006, Falun Gong practitioners conducted a truth-clarification activity for the first time in Glodok. They held banners with words telling people that organs for transplant in China come from unlawfully imprisoned living Falun Gong practitioners.
A dozen practitioners participated in the activity. The event was interfered with by the police. Several of the practitioners were escorted to a police station nearby for interrogation.
2. On April 28th, 2006, practitioners in Jakarta conducted truth-clarification activities for the second time in Glodok. Two practitioners took part, Lin Shi-fu and Bachtijar Kyar. Lin Shi-fu arrived first and Mr. Kyar came fifteen minutes later. As soon as Mr. Lin arrived, several Chinese people prevented him from displaying his banner and verbally abused him. Security personnel brought Mr. Lin to a security office nearby. As soon as Mr. Kyar arrived, security personnel also brought him to the security office. There were two Chinese people in the security office. One of them shouted at the two practitioners continuously and hit Mr. Kyar on the head with a wooden stick. Mr. Kyar was injured and blood splashed onto Mr. Lin’s T-shirt. The attacker simply walked away, and neither security personnel nor the police made an effort to apprehend him. Later, after a lengthy investigation, practitioners found out that the person who assaulted Mr. Kyar was head of a local subdistrict in the area.
|On April 28th, a man struck a practitioner with a stick, causing injury|
After the incident, Mr. Kyar went to a hospital to establish a medical record of his injury and reported the assault to the police.
3. On Saturday May 6th, 2006, Falun Gong practitioners conducted a truth-clarification activity for the third time in Chinatown. About twenty practitioners attended. Several practitioners brought cameras and camcorders to record any interference. After 45 minutes, a Chinese person rushed up fiercely and tore the practitioners’ banners. Security personnel did not stop him. Lin Shi-fu and several practitioners were brought to police station. Using both threats and feigned concern, the police requested that the practitioners not conduct truth-clarification activities in Glodok. Mr. Lin did not concede.
The practitioners reported the incident to the police and a national human rights organisation.
|On May 6th, persons from "China Society" violently tore practitioners’ banners and flyers and verbally abused them in public|
The local leaders in Chinatown started to collect signatures in an attempt to stop practitioners’ truth-clarification activity in the name of local residents.
4. Later, Falun Gong practitioners’ truth-clarification went smoothly. At one point, the Chinese Embassy tried to use local Indonesian people to interfere with the practitioners' activities. However, after learning the facts of the persecution, these people changed their attitude and no longer interfered. The weekend truth clarification activities were held from 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon.
5. On Saturday, July 15th, 2006, the head of a local Chinese subdistrict brought fifty people and waited at the practitioners' truth clarification site. They did not allow practitioners to conduct their truth-clarification activity. Plainclothes police just stood by and did nothing. The local leader claimed that if the practitioners would leave, they would leave. Otherwise, they would stay.
On July 12th, a local leader met with Falun Gong practitioners. After talking a lot, he said clearly that practitioners’ truth-clarification activity was not allowed. Mr. Lin Shi-fu told him firmly that the activity was held according to legal procedure and no one could stop it. Mr. Lin said he hoped that they would not follow the CCP to persecute Falun Gong.
6. On Saturday July 22nd, the head of the subdistrict brought fifty people and stayed at the truth clarification site to prohibit practitioners from holding their activity. They violently pushed Mr. Lin. The video footage showed many people taking out cases of handouts and CDs slandering Falun Gong and distributing them to passers-by. They also hung banners and instigated local residents to refuse Falun Gong practitioners’ activities.
7. On Saturday July 29th, the truth-clarification activity was severely interfered with again. A group of people headed by the subdistrict leader used a loudspeaker to announce that practitioners’ truth-clarification was not allowed. Banners in Indonesian stated that local residents strongly refuse all activities of Falun Gong. Banners in Chinese slandered Falun Dafa.
On the evening of the same day, the director of West Police Station met with practitioners and a dozen Glodok residents at 10:00 p.m.
8. On Tuesday August 2nd, Falun Gong practitioners reported the case to the police and protested the subdistrict leader and others hanging banners slandering Falun Dafa. The material evidence has been recorded by practitioners.
This series of interference with practitioners’ legal truth-clarification activities is directly linked to the CCP’s spread of hatred and lies and their attempt to extend the persecution of Falun Gong overseas. The CCP is very afraid of practitioners’ truth-clarification activities overseas and has tried various means to make trouble. However, its wicked means cannot stop practitioners’ efforts to protest the persecution. Those who assist the CCP in the persecution will be brought to justice.
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.