Organ Harvesting Suspected in the Murders of Ms. Fu Keshu and Mr. Xu Genli, Practitioners Visiting the Jinggang Mountain Area (Photos)

Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Fu Keshu and Mr. Xu Genli from Guizhou Province left home with a 65-year-old woman on November 7th, 2005. They arrived at the Jinggang Mountains on the evening of November 16th, 2005 and stayed at the Yongxin Hotel, a private entity in Ciping that night. Around 8:00 a.m. on November 17th, 2005 they had planned to tour the area, but the elderly woman, not feeling well after the bus ride, stayed at the hotel. Fu Keshu and Xu Genli told her, "Don't go anywhere! We'll return later this afternoon for sure." They left the hotel but never returned. The woman waited at the hotel for five days and then returned to Guiyang City in Guizhou Province on the sixth day.

Fu Keshu, a Falun Gong practitioner and a retired senior teacher from the No. 1 Elementary School in Kaiyang County, Guizhou Province and her nephew Xu Genli disappeared in the Jinggang Mountain area in November 2005. Their family had locals guide them through every peak, valley and cave in a desperate attempt to find the two missing people. They also asked the Jinggangshan City government for help, but nothing was found. In late April 2006, the two bodies appeared in the Wuzhi Peak area of the Jinggang Mountain. An analysis indicates that their organs might have been harvested and their bodies disposed of.

Fu Keshu Xu Genli

On April 30th, 2006, the family got a phone call from the Criminal Investigation Division of the Jinggangshan City Police Department, "A male body was found at Wuzhi Peak, Jinggang Mountain wearing...clothes. Would you be able to identify whether he is the person you have been looking for?"

The family went to find the old woman who had gone to the Jinggang Mountain with the two practitioners before their disappearance to verify the clothes the two practitioners were wearing at the time. She verified that the body found wore the same clothes as the man disappeared. On May 3rd, 2006 Xu Genli's six family members went to the Jinggang Mountain and requested the people from the Criminal Division to go along with them to the place where the body was found.

Xu Genli's body was found on the dried riverbed of a small brook, downstream from a waterfall. The body was stuck between rocks, facing up, with a stream running underneath it. The muscles were dried-up, the legs were spread apart and both hands were raised above the head. It appeared the body was dragged and strategically placed between the rocks. A T-shirt was found on the riverbank not far from the body, and a jacket was found on nearby grass. The body was identified as that of Xu Genli, based on height and clothing. The victim's wallet was found not far from the body. Some money, rubber-bands and a piece of wet paper were found. The police threw the wet paper away.

The head had been shaved; there was a large hole on the forehead that exposed the brain. Both eyeballs were missing; the flesh around the sockets had ulcerated; there were two black holes on the nose, which the police surmised to be the result of long-term compression. The chest and abdomen had been cut open. The police stated they had dissected the body for an autopsy and DNA test.

The body was left on the mountain after the inspection on the site. It rained heavily on May 5th, 2006. The body was found in a lake on May 6th. It was then taken to the Ciping Morgue at around 6:00 p.m. the same day.

On May 7th, 2006, Fu Keshu's family members and some locals went to the mountains to look for her. They remained in the mountains overnight. The next day they found a large plastic sheet by a stream at the foot of the mountains, upstream from where Xu Genli's body was discovered. They also found a used work uniform and a half bag of moldy rice hanging from a tree branch. On May 9th, 2006, the six local people took a ferry along the river and went into the mountains again. At 9:00 a.m. they found Fu Keshu's coat underneath a waterfall, over a hundred feet upstream from the location of Xu Genli's body. At 10:00 a.m. they found Fu Keshu's body in the middle section of a brook above the waterfall. The body was resting against a large rock, facing downward. They immediately called the police. The police quickly arrived and took pictures and videotaped the scene. Xiao, a judicial doctor, conducted an autopsy.

Fu Keshu's body showed no signs of decay. The head had been shaved; both eyeballs were missing and the flesh around the sockets had ulcerated. There were two black holes on the nose, which the police surmised to be the result of bug bites or long-term compression. The upper body was bare; and the underwear was upwards and wrapped around the head. The victim was wearing sweatpants and socks. The trousers were a little worn. The thigh and calf muscles were somewhat dried up, and the tips of the toes were stretched out in a stiff position.

One police officer said at the time, "Maybe we'll find something along the creek." Two locals went upstream. In the grass over a hundred feet from the body, they found a seal in a plastic bag. The seal was imprinted with the words from the teachings of Falun Dafa. Dafa practitioners usually carry the seal in their handbags and would not casually toss them about. The camera, keys, bank cards and some other things that they carried with them prior to the disappearance were not found.

On the afternoon of May 9th, 2006, Fu Keshu's body was sent to the Ciping Morgue. In the evening, the Criminal Division told her family that the two victims had "committed suicide." When the family asked about a motive for the suicide, the police grew upset and shouted that the two bodies must be taken away the next day.

The next day the police again talked to the family and said they must take sample tissues from the bodies for a DNA test. The bodies had to be moved out if the family did not grant permission. When the family asked if it's possible to find out from the DNA test the time and cause of death, the police answered it's only used to identify familial relationships. The family said, "We have more family members coming tomorrow; we'll leave right away after they get here."

On May 11th, 2006, Fu Keshu's body was moved from the Ciping Morgue to the Jian Morgue. It was cremated early in the morning on May 12th. The family took the ashes back to Guizhou Province on May 13th.

Based on these findings, it is suspected that Fu Keshu and Xu Genli were murdered and their organs were harvested. The reasons for our suspicions are as follows:

There are many similarities in the condition of the two bodies. Both victims were hairless, with eyeballs missing; the flesh around the sockets had ulcerated and there were two black holes on the nose. According to an Eye Department medical worker, it's necessary to shave hair and eyebrows prior to cornea surgery in order to prevent bacterial infection. It is suspected that Fu Keshu's corneas were stolen because of Fu Keshu's missing hair, eyebrows and eyeballs.

Xu Genli's body had been carved up before his family arrived at the scene. It is suspected that his organs were harvested. The police should not have cut him open on the mountain in the absence of the family if they were only doing a DNA test. A sample of skin tissue and hair are sufficient for a DNA test; why did they have to open his chest and abdomen?

Both bodies were placed on the mountain to create an accident scene. Fu Keshu's body had not decayed, while Xu Genli's body had dried up and the bones were exposed, which indicates the two people did not die at the same time. Xu Genli's dry body indicates he died in a dry place. The body was naked, with the legs spread open and both arms raised above the head. The body was facing up and placed between rocks. It didn't look like a sudden, natural event that caused a death.

It's very strange that while the naked upper body of Fu Keshu was swollen from being soaked in the water, the pants were basically intact and muscles on the thighs and calves were merely a little dried-up. If the body had been flushed from the waterfall to the creek, the entire body should have been immersed in water and therefore swollen, so the legs should not be dry. It means someone purposely placed Fu Keshu's body in the creek to create an illusory scene of an accident.

Also, the tips of Fu Keshu's toes were stretched out, which indicates she was probably being dragged prior to death, or she was reacting to great pain at the time of death.

A seal was found under the guidance from the police. Dafa practitioners would carry such a seal in their handbags and would not casually abandon them. Also, the camera, keys, bank cards and other things that Fu Keshu and Xu Genli carried in their black bag at the time they left home were not found. Half a bag of mouldy rice was found near Fu Keshu's body, although Fu Keshu and Xu Genli had not taken any rice with them when they left the Yongxin Hotel in Ciping, because they told the woman who was with them at the time that they would return to the hotel later the same day.

The Jinggangshan City police officials mentioned to the victims' family that Falun Gong materials were found in Huangyangjie on November 18th, 2005, the day after the two victims left the Yongxin Hotel. Geographically speaking, one would have to pass the Yongxin Hotel when going from Huangyangjie to Wuzhi Peak where the bodies were found. If the two victims were not murdered and intentionally placed at Wuzhi Peak, why would they pass the Yongxin Hotel and not go back there as they had promised?

These points of suspicion are so obvious to this incident; why would the police insist that the victims had committed suicide instead of conducting any further investigation? The police later changed the cause of death to "sudden death," after failing to properly explain the deaths. "Sudden death" still does not explain the missing hair and eyeballs, nor the positions in which the bodies were found.

The woman who went to Jinggang Mountain with the two victims waited for them at the hotel five days and then went back to Guiyang City in Guizhou Province on the sixth day.

Fu Keshu and Xu Genli's family learned about their disappearance on November 29th, 2005 and went to Jinggang Mountain on December 4th. They enquired about the circumstances surrounding the disappearance at the Yongxin Hotel and immediately reported to the Ciping Police Department. They broadcast public announcements on Jinggangshan City TV, and posted announcements at various tourist attraction sites. They also found locals who took them to various parts of the mountains, but didn't find anything. The family also submitted reports to the Jinggangshan City government, the Jinggangshan City Police Department, the Jinggangshan City Politics and Law Committee, the Jinggangshan City Tourism Bureau and other government agencies, asking for help to find Fu Keshu and Xu Genli.

Xu Genli's sister was anxiously concerned during that time and told the Jinggangshan City police that Xu Genli was a Falun Gong practitioner. Immediately, a police officer said, "Our manpower is limited! You should go look for him yourself." He also said that Falun Gong materials were found in Huangyangjie on November 18th, 2005. The family asked, "Were they [the Falun Gong practitioners who posted the materials] arrested?" The police said, "No." On December 8th, 2005, the family went to the Jinggangshan City Tourism Bureau and asked for their help in finding the two missing people. About two hours later someone called the family and told them to wait at the hotel. The next day, December 9th, 2005, Zhu from Jinggangshan City National Security Division talked to the family and asked whether the two missing people were Falun Gong practitioners and who else in the family practised Falun Gong. He also mentioned that Falun Gong materials were found in Huangyangjie on November 18th, 2005. When the family asked whether someone was arrested in Huangyangjie, he said no. The family asked, "If no one was found, what are you here for?" He didn't say a word and left.

After the exposure of the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) crimes of harvesting organs from living Falun Gong practitioners, David Kilgour, the former Canadian Secretary of State and senior Member of Parliament and renowned international human rights lawyer David Matas conducted a two-month independent, in-depth investigation. They published a 70-page investigation report titled "Report Into Allegations of Organ Harvesting from Falun Gong Practitioners in China" on July 6th, 2006. The report concludes: "Based on what we now know, we have come to the regrettable conclusion that the allegations [of organ harvesting] are true. We believe that there has been and continues today to be large scale organ seizures from unwilling Falun Gong practitioners."

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.