Dead from Police Torture and Abuse: Mr. Guo Juting of Sichuan Province

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Guo Juting of Suining City, Sichuan Province was persecuted until near death at Lingqunsi Detention Centre in Suining City. He was released on December 3rd, 2004, and died on January 24th, 2005. Lingquansi Detention Centre has been relocated, and is now at Yongxing Town, Chuanshan District, Suining City.

Mr. Guo Juting, 69, was a retired employee from Tianfu Town, Suining City, Sichuan Province. He began to practise Falun Dafa in 1997. Before he practised Falun Gong, he suffered severe bronchitis, pulmonary emphysema, hemorrhaging from the lung, rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, gastroenteritis and so on. To stay alive, all cabinets at his home, big and small, were filled with medicine, but within a month of practising Falun Gong, he was cured of all his illnesses. He thanked Dafa from deep in his heart for saving his life, and for making him healthy.

Guo Juting obtained his life's treasure, and was determined to practise Dafa to the end. To let people and government officials know about Dafa’s wonderfulness and righteousness, he often told about his past suffering and his present good health. After Falun Gong was banned and its practitioners began to be persecuted, he went to the Tianfu Town government to speak to people about the facts of Falun Dafa and that "Falun Dafa is good." In response, he was beaten with a leather whip by Gan XX of the town police station, arrested, taken to a forced labour camp, and subjected to brainwashing. He was released on December 30th, 2002.

After he returned home, Guo Juting continued to practise Falun Dafa, and to speak to people about the facts of Falun Dafa on the streets, in teahouses and hotels, and in several neighbouring villages. In order to let more people know about the persecution, he lived simply and frugally, and kept his living expenses to the minimum. He used his savings to make leaflets. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) followers persecuted Falun Gong practitioners on November 13th, 2003, and most brutally, ransacked his home, abducted and detained him at Lingquansi Detention Centre.

He went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution, and then suffered force-feeding and poisonous injections. Regardless how he was persecuted, he did not cooperate with the authorities. He always held in his mind "Falun Dafa is good." The police turned furious and tortured him cruelly. Guo Juting was tortured and abused until he was near death. The police released him on December 3rd, 2004.

Guo Juting died on January 24th, 2005, less than two months after he returned home. Before he passed away, he urged his son, "You must remember Falun Dafa is good, ‘Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance’ is good." He patiently waited for his son to answer, "We will certainly remember", and then passed away.

Suining City Appeal Office (Heping Road) 86-825-2313993
Suining City Government: No. 135 Jiahe Road 86-825-2312860
Suining City Public Security Bureau: No. 138 Heping Road 86-825-2244736,
Suining City Public Security Bureau preliminary hearing branch: 86-825-2311786
Suining City Chuanshan District Public Security Sub-bureau: No, 18 Xiaobei
Street 86-825-2220002
Suining City National People’s Congress: 86-825-2223991, 86-825-2226132

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.