Ms. Li Yinju Dies in China's Liaoning Province

Ms. Li Yinju, 56, was born in Henan Province. She moved to Shenyang City because her husband works in the Shenyang Army Compound. She was employed as a nursery school teacher in the Shenyang City Welding Strip Factory. She suffered a severe case of arthritis when she gave birth to her child in 1981. She became very bad-tempered because she was in unbearable pain. After learning the practice of Falun Gong, she recovered quickly. She followed Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and treated others with kindness. People around her noticed how nice Falun Gong practitioners are and witnessed her physical changes, so many were inspired to learn Falun Gong themselves.

Ms. Li Yinju

Ms. Li Yinju often informed people about the true nature of Falun Gong by telling her own story. She went to Beijing to testify to the goodness of Falun Gong, but she was arrested at the Shenyang City Train Station. Once, she went to the Liaoning Province Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Committee to explain the facts about Falun Gong, and she was taken by the police and dropped off at Sujiatun, a suburban area of Shenyang City. The police forced her to walk the long way home.

At the beginning of July 2006, Ms. Li went back to her hometown in Henan Province. She was arrested on the street while she was distributing leaflets exposing the persecution and telling elementary school students the facts about Falun Gong on July 30th, 2006. She was sentenced to one year of forced labour, which she served in the Shibalihe Women's Labour Camp in Henan Province. The guards tried to force her to give up her faith, conducted long-term brainwashing sessions by not allowing her to sleep, beating her, and locking her in a small cell1. She had to sleep on the floor inside the small cell. The warden's name is Jia Meili (female).

Ms. Li was tortured both mentally and physically. Her hair fell out, and the doctor found that she had developed breast cancer. She was released in January 2007. The labour camp continued to harass her and her family in Henan Province, threatening to report her situation, and announced they would arrest and take her back to Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. She died at home in the early morning on December 18th, 2008. She is survived by her husband and child.


1. Small Cell: The detainee is locked up in a very small cell in isolation. The guards handcuff practitioners on their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.