The Persecution of Ms. Wang Jie and Ms. Cai Shaojie in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province

In October 2002, Ms. Wang Jie and Ms. Cai Shaojie were arrested in Tieling City in Liaoning Province. While being detained at the police station, Ms. Wang Jie was tortured to the point of near-death, then taken to a local hospital for emergency treatment. After police officers interrogated Ms. Cai, they hung her up by her arms and beat her with electric batons. Afterwards, she was unable to use her left hand for several months and found it difficult to take care of herself. Ms. Cai was sentenced in 2003 to seven years of imprisonment. The two women were brutally tortured in the Liaoning Province Prison and came close to losing their life on at least one occasion.

When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong back in July 1999, Ms. Wang went to Beijing to appeal. Police officers arrested her and took her to the Longshan Forced Labour Camp in Shenyang City. While there, she witnessed Ms. Han Tianzi, a 15-year-old practitioner being shocked with electric batons by CCP officials. Sadly, she turned fifteen years old amidst the sights and sounds of electric batons and the smell of burning flesh. Ms. Wang also saw a guard inserting an electric baton into a senior practitioner's mouth. She also saw practitioners being subjected to sleep derivation for extended periods of time.

In June 2001, when Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike to protest the CCP's persecution, she was taken to the Shenyan City Underground Supervision Hospital. There she met Ms. Zou Guirong, who had been previously tortured to near mental collapse at the Masanjia Forced Labour Camp.

She also spoke with Ms. Yin Liping, whose body was covered in cuts and bruises, and Ms. Zhao Suhuan and Ms. Zhou Yanbo. They all cried as they described how they were tortured.

Ms. Yin was detained at four different labour camps, including the Masanjia Forced Labour Camp. Inmates there were ordered to place needles under Ms. Yin's wrists, lift her hands, then drop them directly over the needles. Over night, the back of her hands had became very swollen and her wrists were a bloody mess.

At the Shenxin Forced Labour Camp, Ms. Yin went on a hunger strike to protest the fact that the guards were holding her beyond her designated prison term. While police officer Guo Yong was taking Ms. Yin to a room to force-feed her, he repeatedly struck her back to the point where she was almost paralysed.

Ms. Zhao Suhuan recounted how the guards at the Masanjia Forced Labour Camp ordered an inmate to use her nails to pinch Ms. Zhao's inner thighs. After her thighs became severely ulcerated, the inmates, under the direction of the guards, began kicking her thighs with their heavy leather shoes.

Ms. Zhao had to use a towel, which had previously been used to wash her face as well as for cleaning her body during her period, to bandage her wounded thighs.

The guards deprived Ms. Zhao of sleep, locked her in a toilet, and had her eyelids repeatedly slapped until they were black and blue. In addition, police officer Zhang Xiurong forbade anyone to give Ms. Zhao any toiletry items.

Ms. Zhou Yanbo was tortured so badly that her pulse had reached an alarming 130 beats per minute. In April 2001, guards at the Masanjia Forced Labour Camp secretly moved all three female practitioners into male inmate cells. The practitioners were extremely opposed to this vicious, illegal, and immoral arrangement. Only when their lives were in severe danger, did the guards take them back to the women's section of the labour camp.

In April 2002, Ms. Zou Guirong passed away while being tortured in the Wujiabao Forced Labour Camp in Fushun City (see Before she died, Ms. Zou said, " It is too evil for words! We were transferred from the wolf's den to the tiger's den. The CCP is doing things that only scoundrels would do. There is no hope for the CCP at all!"

There were many practitioners in Liaoning Province who were tortured so badly that it hurt to look at them. There are reports coming in on a regular basis detailing how imprisoned practitioners were injured or disabled, how they suffered mental collapses, how some were tortured to death, how their families were broken apart, how their spouses left taking their sons or daughters with them, how their spouses filed for divorce, and how they had to leave home to avoid being arrested after they were released.

Ms. Wang Jie, Ms. Wang Shaojie, and other practitioners vowed to collect evidence that proved that these practitioners were tortured, including eyewitnesses testimonials and legal documents. They tried to take some of the practitioners who were tortured to the point of being disabled and send them abroad, so that people all over the world could see how the CCP persecutes practitioners.

On October 8th, 2002, police officers from the Yinbei Station in Tieling City entered the home of Mr. Wang Hongshu, Mr. Zhang Bo, and Ms. Yin Liping, and arrested them. The police had been monitoring the practitioners' phone line and discovered that they had just finished compiling a document that was ready to submit to the International Criminal Court to sue the CCP officials who had persecuted practitioners.

Faced with witnesses and indisputable evidence, police officers arrested these practitioners instead of arresting the true criminals. They also confiscated all of the documented proof that the practitioners painstakingly collected, including all of the photos of practitioners being tortured.

Ms. Wang Jie, Ms. Cai Shaojie, Ms. Li Weixun's brother Mr. Li Weiji, and two other female practitioners were also arrested. Ms. Wang was detained in the Tieling City Detention Centre where she went on a hunger strike to protest her imprisonment. Another practitioner was in critical condition after going on a hunger strike and had to be carried away. Mr. Wang Hongshu, Ms. Yin Liping, and another practitioner were each sentenced to three years of forced labour and tortured at the Masanjia Forced Labour Camp.

On March 5th, 2003, a trial was held at the Yinzhou District Court in Tieling City. Ms. Wang, Ms. Cai Shaojie, and Mr. Zhang Bo were each sentenced to seven years in prison. Police officers tortured Mr. Li Weiji in an effort to extract a confession out of him, causing him to become disabled. He was later sentenced to eight years in prison.

Ms. Wang Jie is being held at the No. 9 Ward of the No. 3 Group at the Liaoning Province Women's Prison in Liaoning Province. Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike for more than six months to protest her illegal detention. She only weighs 70 lbs now and her stomach has become severely atrophied. After being brutally force-fed on numerous occasions, she has become extremely emaciated.

We hope all good people from around the world will pay close attention to this situation and help stop the persecution against Falun Gong practitioners.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.