Details of My Persecution by Harbin National Protection Team Leader Chen Yuhao

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

I began practising Falun Gong in March 1997, after which my many diseases, including high blood pressure, cardiac problems, and other bone problems that had plagued me for years disappeared. Once disabled and bedridden, I was able to walk, and everyone in the family was very happy for me. Seeing how my health problems disappeared, all my children supported my Falun Gong practice. However, after the persecution began in 1999, I was persecuted numerous times.

In October 2000, in order to speak the truth about Falun Gong, I went to Beijing to appeal. At the Beijing Qianmen Police Station, I was brutally beaten, leaving my entire body green and purple with bruises. After five days of torture, I was taken to my hometown by personnel from Yuquan Town and the Acheng District Police Station, and imprisoned in the Acheng District Second Detention Centre for twenty-five days.

At around 7:00 p.m. January 24th, 2008, I went to a friend's to lend her my hair dryer. As soon as I entered her home, I was attacked by four or five policemen who were lying in wait. I was pulled and dragged into a police car, and taken to the Yuquan Town Public Security Bureau. The police took away my hair dryer and said, "This is a criminal device. We can't give it back to you."

Chen Yuhao, the Acheng National Protection Team leader, then ordered four policemen, two with surnames of Liu and Yan, to take me home and ransack everything. They had no search warrants at all. My bed, balcony, shelves, and storage room were all ransacked. Blank CDs, Falun Gong books, MP3 players, a new printer, two lotus lamps, and other personal belongings were all taken away. I tried to stop them from taking the lotus lamp but they said, "This lotus lamp is criminal evidence."

I asked, "My children are coming home for the new year--it is an occasion for reunion. Is it a crime to hang up lights during the new year?" They ransacked the entire place for more than an hour. Then Chen sent another two policemen to take pictures of my place, in order to rack up more "achievements" for himself. I was detained in the Acheng Second Detention Centre for eight days and inhumanely tortured. All I was given to eat was rice paste, and vegetable soup. There was no heater in the detention centre and I continually shivered from the cold.

At around 8:00 p.m. on February 1st, 2008, Chen Yuhao, the National Protection leader, together with Bureau Chief Liu, another person surnamed Lin, and five others, took me and another practitioner to the Harbin Second Detention Centre. The detention centre policemen asked if I was healthy, and I replied that I had high blood pressure and heart disease, so the centre didn't want to accept me. Chen insisted on sending me for a checkup, and indeed my blood pressure measured 230. Even so, Chen didn't give up and took me to the Harbin City Fifth Hospital. A doctor surnamed Li also took my blood pressure and it still measured 230.

Chen asked the doctor, "Can't you write it lower, write a lower blood pressure?" Doctor Li replied, "No, her blood pressure is too high, I can't fake it. This is a life or death condition!" Chen took me back to the Second Detention Centre, and after waiting for a long time, took me to the Harbin City Fourth Bureau (Public Security Hospital). On the way, I could hear him talking to the Seventh Section chief, "Should I take care of them together or do it one by one?" The reply was, "Just do it all together. That way it will be a great achievement, so that you can apply for the position of section chief as well." At the Public Security Hospital, I was rejected again due to my health. Chen told the Public Security Hospital chief surnamed Gao to accept me, no matter what. The hospital asked Chen for 5,000 yuan1 in return.

As a result, I was imprisoned for eight and a half months at the Harbin City Fourth Bureau before being transferred to the Second Detention Centre. During this period, Chen Yuhao and his gang went to my home and tried to extort 3,000 yuan from my family, but they refused, so Chen's effort failed.

After three months in the Harbin City Second Detention Centre, I was released on January 24th, 2009.


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.