A True Story told by a Kind-hearted Non-practitioner Who Knows about Police Torture of Dafa Practitioners

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo
I know a man named Li Shihai who practices Falun Gong. Because he refused to give up his beliefs, he was dragged from his bed by a group of corrupt police led by the police station advisor Liu Wei, on the morning of the 2nd of January (on the Chinese lunar calendar). Li was dragged to the police station barefoot and wearing only his underwear. The police tortured Li in order to force him to tell them the source of Dafa information packages. They beat his body at will with a wooden stick. They locked him up against iron chairs with his hands twisted around, and then they hit his head, neck, chest, wrists, and ankles with an iron bolt. The torture was so painful that he cried out loud, so they stuffed his mouth with a tablecloth and tied his jaw with a rope to stop his cries. At night, they would take off all his clothes and pour cold water onto his naked body. Then they would drag him to the backyard and freeze him in the snowy weather of 12 or 13oC below zero (8-10oF). After a while, they would pull him into the room and ask if he would confess. When he refused to confess, they dragged him out again, and repeated the torture for three whole days and nights.

On the 5th of January (on the Chinese lunar calendar) they sent him to the Pingdu City Detention Centre. In the detention centre, Li thought to himself, "I practice Falun Gong, I became a good person, I have done countless good deeds, I obey the law and I am not a criminal. What excuse do they have for keeping me here? I will not eat the meals for criminals, I will not drink the water, I will not offer my labour, I will not accept surveillance and I will not answer to role calls." The advisor and the head of the detention centre saw that he was still practising, so they asked the criminals to take turns beating him up, not allowing him to sleep by keeping him standing up throughout the night. His body became weaker day by day because he did not eat or drink. The supervisor and the doctors force-fed him with salt water and urine.

It was not until the 18th of January (on the Chinese lunar Calendar) that they found Li being tortured to a critical point and it seemed he was not going to live for much longer. So they extorted 5,000 Yuan from Li's family and let them take him home. More than half a month of persecution has left Li unable to manage his daily routines by himself -- he even found it difficult to get on and off the bed. He could not move his body while he was in bed. It was in late March that his health slowly recovered through practising Falun Gong and studying the Fa [principles of Falun Gong]. Li was tortured so severely by the evil authorities, yet he was able to recover so soon without medication (they had no money to pay for hospital expenses). Through this incident, I came to realize that Falun Gong is a rare and precious practice. It is nothing like what Jiang Zemin claims it to be. Now I also want to learn Falun Gong.

Written by a Person who knows the truth

(Note: On the night of the 27th November 2001, Li was arrested again for handing out flyers that clarified the truth. I hope all kind-hearted people will pay attention to Li's situation and lend your help to Falun Gong practitioners).

Source: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/12/28/17217.html

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.