Li Guiyun and Five Other Falun Gong Practitioners Are Tried by Nongken Court in Baoquanling City, Heilongjiang Province

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

On April 19th, Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Li Guiyun, Ms. Zhao Hongyu. Ms. Qi Xiumei, Liu Hongbin, Liu Gui, and Lu Chengying were put on trial in Nongken Court. The trial lasted over five hours. The practitioners' defence lawyer, who was from Beijing, pleaded not guilty on their behalf. After a fierce battle between good and evil, the trial was put on hold. Practitioners' families who attended the trial felt good about the lawyer's brilliant defence, and the overall response from the spectators was very positive.
During the trial, Ms. Li Guiyun, Ms. Zhao Hongyu and Ms. Qi Xiumei talked about their experiences in cultivating in Falun Gong and how they have greatly benefited from the practice both physically and spiritually. Everyone in the courtroom were moved by their heartfelt sharing. Even a prosecutor said, “I know that Falun Gong practitioners are good people. Your sharing is very touching.”

During the trial, Ms. Li Guiyun recounted how the police used torture to extort confessions from practitioners. When Ms. Li was detained in Lingxi Police Station and Nongken Public Security Bureau in Baoquanling, she was interrogated. Officers Zhang Aiwu, Wu Yinglong, and Wang Xuejun repeatedly used torture in an attempt to extort a confession from her, yelling “I will kill you and leave no evidence, so no one will know.” They turned off the monitoring device and twisted her hands behind her back. They then handcuffed her to a torture device with her feet off the floor. Her arms had to support her entire body weight, causing excruciating pain. Within a short time, she lost consciousness.

Ms. Zhao Hongyu was kicked and beaten by the police during detention. They grabbed her hair and banged her head against the wall. Ms. Qu Xiumei was arrested by officers Xu Min and Yu Haisha, who threatened that they wouldn't let her child to go to college if she continued with the practice.

During the trial, the spectators learned about the persecution that practitioners were enduring. Meanwhile, the truth scared the police, who said, “We didn't want to persecute you, but we had no choice. Please don't reveal our names on the Internet. We are afraid of receiving phone calls condemning us.”

Before the trial, practitioners from other areas had already explained the facts about Falun Gong to people in the Baoquanling region through informational materials, phone calls, letters, etc. The trial went especially well from beginning to end. Neither the judge, nor the prosecutors maliciously interrupted the defendants' lawyer or practitioners' statements. Even the lawyer was very surprised. He said that he has never had such a smooth Falun Gong-related case.

The “truth-clarification” invitation that practitioners gave out to people played a big role. Hundreds of invitations were sent out, and the feedback was positive. After they received the invitation, people in the area went around spreading the news: “Falun Gong is about to be vindicated!” On April 19th, one local resident had an invitation in his hand when he came to attend the trial. After he entered, the police stopped him. Without fear, he asked them, “Isn't the trial open to the public? Why am I not allowed to go in?”

Many practitioners have incorporated news of the trial and the recent “Wang Lijun and Bo Xilai Incident” in explaining the facts to their families. The results have been very good.

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.