University Student Subjected to Forced Brainwashing in a Labor Camp

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo
Xie Kefeng from Henan Province was a Xiamen University student. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in December 2000. He was arrested and taken to the Fuzhou Rujiang Labor Camp for re-education in early 2001. At the end of February 2001, the persecution in the labour camp escalated: Xie Kefeng was forced to stand facing a wall at a close distance (with forehead, nose tip and toes touching the wall) for three days and three nights. Then, the guards handcuffed Xie Kefeng and dragged him to the seventh floor to be beaten by inmates. The guards told the inmates that their jail terms would be reduced by forty days if they beat Xie Kefeng. The inmates then beat Xie Kefeng brutally until he vomited blood. He was almost in coma when the guards asked him if he would still practise Falun Gong. Xie Kefeng managed to answer "Yes" in a very weak voice. The guards continued to allow the criminals to beat him until Xie went into a coma. When he woke up, he was still determined to maintain his faith in Dafa. The guards could not make him yield. They carried him on a board down to the second floor, where he was temporarily kept under surveillance.

In August 2001, the guards transferred him to a specially administered squad for more "re-education". He was allowed only two to three hours of sleep. On the fifth day he started a hunger strike. The labour camp's plan had failed again.

On April 20, 2002, Xie was transferred to a women's labour camp to be tortured. The camp wanted to pressure him through his father into giving up Falun Gong. They forced Xie Kefeng to contemplate his "wrong doings" while facing a wall, again at a close distance. They sent female prison guards to interfere with him and placed hidden tape recorders to record all his conversations. Three to four days later, after editing the tapes, the guards played the recordings for Xie to listen to and pointed out his wrongful words (which were fabricated on the tape), also attacking him verbally. Xie Kefeng was tortured for nine days and nine nights. He suffered tremendous emotional trauma.

Xie Kefeng is still being held on the seventh floor of the Fuzhou Rujiang Labour Camp, where he is under twenty-four-hour surveillance. He has totally lost his freedom of speech and action.

We are writing this to expose the brutal treatment of Falun Dafa practitioners so that people will know the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong.

Translated on 8/15/2002
Chinese version available at:

* * *

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.