Documenting the Persecution of Ms. Jiang Lanying from Nanchang, Jiangxi Province

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has persecuted Falun Gong for nine years, during which time the wicked regime has used all kinds of underhanded methods, both ancient and modern, to brutally persecute practitioners. The crimes it has committed are too numerous to record.

Nanchang City practitioner Ms. Jiang Lanying is a young, delicate unmarried woman. She suffered in a hellish prison for more than seven years, beginning on July 20th, 1999, for her belief in Falun Gong. She experienced humiliation and abuse and was many times close to death, but nonetheless survived.

Arrest, Merciless Beatings, Drenched in Urine

The CCP launched the comprehensive persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999. Ms. Jiang Lanying informed the regime of the goodness of Falun Gong and appealed for justice. Officers from the Qingshan Street Police Station in Nanchang arrested her. Regime agents took her to the Nanchang Third Detention Centre that November. The police incited criminals to beat her mercilessly and kick her head against a wall. Her entire body was blue and purple after this abuse. The perpetrators poured urine on her in the chilly winter. Guard Liu Xiuying even boasted, "Pouring excrement on her is fine!"

Guard Meng handcuffed and shackled Ms. Jiang Lanying together with eight other practitioners. Then he shackled one hand of each practitioner, compelling all eight to remain bent over the whole time. In this position they could not walk or sleep or take care of themselves. The pain they experienced is beyond imagination. Moreover, the guards beat and verbally abused them at will. Sometimes they even punched or kicked them.

Forced Labour Term Extended, Brainwashing Centre, Another Forced Labour Sentence

Jiang Lanying was sentenced to forced labour for one year, but the officials extended her term by another year. One year later, instead of releasing her, they sent her to a brainwashing centre. Then they put her into a forced labour camp for another three years.

In January 2000, while Ms. Jiang was at home still recovering from the abuse she experienced in detention, regime agents took her to Jiangxi Women's Forced Labour Camp. Guards Wang Jizheng, Li Xiaoqun, and Xu Xiaoliang took turns using an electric baton to hit her. They tied Ms. Jiang to two beds, stretching her arms and legs to the extreme, and then immobilized her, leaving her in this position for more than three weeks. They force-fed her through a tube in her nose and left the tube in from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Ms. Jiang had difficulty breathing and her oesophagus bled.

The camp officials enticed incarcerated drug addicts with sentence reductions if they would beat and verbally abuse Falun Gong practitioners. Head Zeng Qingzhi, Wu, and division head Wang Jizheng were the chief instigators and torturers. Officer Deng Jian put five practitioners in solitary confinement, hung them up by handcuffs, and beat them with a baton over a period of five days. Guard Zhou Qianqun hit the practitioners' eyes, causing them to become black and swollen. Guard Hong Chuanghua dragged a large key chain with keys attached over a practitioner's face, causing injuries. Guard Yang Liping pried open a practitioner's mouth with a metal instrument and made her mouth bleed. Yang laughed out loud at the practitioner's pain. Guard Xu Xiaoliang often said, while he beat practitioners with a baton, "You will die and be thrown away like a dog."

Jiang Lanying was detained in a small cell about four to five square metres for more than six months. Three drug addicts served as guards. The windows and door were usually shut tight, completely isolating her from the outside world. She had to do everything - eat, sleep, and relieve herself - inside this room. The air in the room was rank, and she could not ever see daylight.

After the one-year term was up, the camp officials refused to release Ms. Jiang and extended her term by another year. Again they then didn't let her return home but informed Qingshan Street Police Station agents to take her to a brainwashing centre, where she went on a protest hunger strike to protest the persecution.

Although medical personnel at the Third City Hospital issued a second written notice that Jiang Lanying was in danger of becoming severely ill, Qingshan Street administrator Huang Wei and officials from the local police station still plotted to send Ms. Jiang to a forced labour camp for three years. While there, she was tortured almost to death. Camp officials feared being held responsible and informed her family post bail for medical treatment.

Arrested and Sentenced Again

One night in July 2002, Nanchang City Domestic Security Division head Li Xiaoping and a group of policemen intruded into Ms. Jiang's home once again. They carried her out against her will and shoved her into a police vehicle, taking her first to the Qingshan Street Police Station where political head Li beat her mercilessly. She was eventually taken to the First City Detention Centre.

While there, guard Sun force-fed Ms. Jiang a concentrated saline solution. Personnel from the city's East Lake Precinct and those from the local Qingshan Street Precinct interrogated her many times, taking turns torturing her. They slapped her face, beat her with a metal rod, deprived her of sleep, and stomped on her feet. The perpetrators included Zhou Xiangfeng, Wang Li, Wei , and others from the Qingshan Street Precinct and Liu and personnel from East Lake Precinct. They put a stool on her feet and sat on the stool to torture her. This abuse injured the nails on both big toes and they eventually came off.

The authorities sentenced Ms. Jiang to five years in prison and sent her to the Jiangxi Women's Prison where she went on a long-term hunger strike demanding her unconditional release. After she was hospitalized, hospital officials sent several notices that her health was in jeopardy. Provincial officials and those from the city 610 Office1 went to the hospital several times to consider her situation, but stated blatantly, "Absolutely no release; if dies, she dies here!"

Because Ms. Jiang was on a long-term hunger strike, the guards force-fed her for a long time. To try to "reform2" her, prison officials intensified the abuse. Personnel involved included assistant head Li Hui; Education Section guard Zhong Yunhua; and guards Hu Ruihua, Wan Minying, Wang Juan, Zeng Xianghui, and others. Once, they incited four criminals to take turns monitoring her and depriving her of sleep for several days. In addition, they forced her to stand day and night. When she fell, they tied her up. They would not let her doze off. If she did, they violently tortured her. Criminals Shu Yingjing and Deng Liping tied her up to a window frame and tried to force her to sign a guarantee statement to stop practising Falun Gong. They didn't release her until she almost lost consciousness. She trembled severely and then lost consciousness.

During her incarceration in the prison's Third Division, people often heard Ms. Jiang's loud, painful cries every night that she was tortured. The long-term torture and mental torment devastated her mind and body. She became skeleton-like and could no longer bend her legs. Her whole body was numb. Her feet were swollen because of the long-term physical abuse. Jiangxi Women's Prison is truly a living hell.

The Persecution Continued in Many Shameful Ways

In July 2007, right before her term was up, guards Wan Minying and Hu Ruihua from the Women's Prison and Hu Jun from the Pengjiawan Police Station barged into Jiang Lanying's parents' home and confiscated family property without following any legal procedures. The elderly couple was terrified.

On July 13th, 2007, Ms. Jiang, who had suffered so much, was finally back home. The local Lijiazhuang residents' committee continued to monitor her constantly. They visited daily to harass her and dispatched someone to monitor the entrance to their home. All relatives and friends who visited the home were interrogated. Even items brought to the home were inspected. The residents' committee also bribed Jiang's neighbour, a man surnamed Chen, to monitor Ms. Jiang 24 hours a day.

The persecution that Jiang Lanying was subjected to is only too typical of the nine years of ruthless oppression and abuse of practitioners by the CCP. During these nine years, the ruling regime has used all of the state mechanisms at its disposal and squandered national resources to persecute those who believe in Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. The persecution highlights the utter evilness of the ruling regime.

By contrast, faced with such vicious persecution that shames the whole Chinese nation, practitioners still follow the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. They remain rational and peaceful, testifying to the grace and might of Falun Gong.


1. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

2. "Reform or Transform" Implementation of brainwashing and torture in order to force a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong. (Variations: "reform", "transform", "reformed", "reforming", "transformed", "transforming", and "transformation")

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.