Other News, Exposing the Persecution

Torture | Kidnapping | Brainwashing | Illegal Detention and Imprisonment | Extortion | Persecution Throughout Society | Inside the Labour Camps | Individual Accounts | 6-10 Office | Death Cases | Organ Harvesting

  • Li Zhiqin's Family Threatened after Filing Complaint Over His Wrongful Death in Police Custody

    Despite brutal persecution by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), Mr. Li Zhiqin steadfastly cultivated Falun Gong. On September 12th, 2007, police officers broke into his apartment and arrested him. Mr. Li died that night in police custody. Over the past five years, Mr. Li’s family has continued to demand an explanation as to cause of his death. Not only did the police refuse to compensate them adequately, but they also threatened the entire family that they would be arrested should they appeal for justice. In July 2012, with no other avenues left to them, the family submitted a letter of complaint to the Ningjin County government. Since August 17th, police have harassed and threatened Mr. Li’s family.
  • Mr. Wu Jiuping Died as Result of Persecution in Anhui Province

    On November 22nd, 2007, four thugs went to Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Jiuping's home. Subsequently Mr. Wu died after falling from the fourth floor. The four left the scene without making any effort to help him. The details of what happened are under investigation. Mr. Wu's neighbour on the first floor heard a loud noise, thought something had fallen from upstairs, and found Mr. Wu on the ground. The neighbour called out for help and saw the four thugs quickly leaving, despite the fact that Mr. Wu was still moving on the ground. Sources said Mr. Wu was talking half-consciously after arriving in hospital. The left side of his face was severely swollen, and his left eye was almost blinded. His whole back and lower body were covered with bruises. His left pelvis was crushed, and his left leg was broken.
  • Engineer Mr. Zhang Yulong Abused in a Mental Hospital for Over Ten Years

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhang Yulong has been held in the Nanjing Brain Hospital (a mental hospital) for over ten years. It has been reported that Mr. Zhang is being forced to take medication and receive injections every day. He has been greatly harmed both physically and mentally. He has become delirious and can no longer take care of himself. Mr. Zhang was held in Fangqiang Forced Labour Camp in 2000 and 2001.
  • Mr. Li Decheng from Gaizhou City Recently Sentenced Again

    Mr. Li Decheng, 66, is a practitioner from Gaizhou City in Liaoning Province. He has previously been sentenced twice due to his belief in Falun Gong, totalling 9 years. On February 24th, officials at Gaizhou Court sentenced him to another 6 years in prison. When Mr. Li's family told the court to provide evidence for their decision, they were made to leave the court. Mr. Li later appealed.
  • 610 Office Pressures Family of Elementary School Teacher Ms. Li Xiaoyu Prior to the End of Her 10-year Prison Term

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Xiaoyu was imprisoned in the West Sichuan Women's Prison of Longquanyi District, Chengdu. Her ten-year prison term is to end on April 9th, 2012, but Jiang Dongtao of the 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong), has recently demanded that Ms. Li's mother persuade her to sign a guarantee statement renouncing Falun Gong. The 610 Office has sent several practitioners to a brainwashing centre after they were released from prison, and Ms. Li's family fears this will happen to Ms. Li. Ms. Li was brutally tortured in detention because she refused to renounce her belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Traumatised by the abuse, she suffered a mental collapse.
  • Letter of Appeal from 59 Relatives and Friends of Falun Gong Practitioners in Heilongjiang Province

    Because government officials in China refuse to accept the legal appeals of Falun Gong practitioners, and official avenues of justice are closed to practitioners in China, we wish to use the Falun Gong Minghui website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom) to lodge a protest against the persecution of practitioners and their friends and family members. We also call on people of justice throughout the world to forward our appeal to international human rights organizations and help us rescue our family members. We truly appreciate any help that you can offer.
  • Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Dong Guang'e from Honghu City, Hubei Province Has Died Due to Persecution

    On March 15, 2004, the local 610 Office and Xindi Town policemen attempted to abduct Ms. Dong from work. Fortunately, someone informed her beforehand, and she escaped. The 610 Office kept on pursuing her, and Ms. Dong had to abandon her home. She passed away on November 30, 2004. On October 15, 2004, another practitioner, Chen Heping, also died due to persecution.
  • Ms. Yao Guoxiu Tortured to a State of Mental Collapse in Wanjia Forced Labour Camp - Dies Tragically Thereafter

    Ms. Yao Guoxiu, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Heilongjiang Province, was subjected to cruel persecution by forcibly brainwashing her, confining her in a solitary compartment, forcing her not to speak, and restraining her on a metal chair, with both arms and legs tied, for long periods of time, until she mentally collapsed in the Wanjia Forced Labour Camp. After she was released, she jumped from a high building and passed away on March 13, 2005.
  • My Mother's Difficulties Obtaining a Passport in China

    In 2002 my mother was sentenced to three and a half years for practising Falun Dafa. She was imprisoned at the Shanghai City Prison for Women. On February 22nd, 2005 she formally submitted her passport application to Entry and Exit Control. On March 3rd, she received the response: "Not Approved." The reason she was given was they considered her a threat to national security and the national interest, and denied her request under Article 8, section 5 of their guidelines.
  • Lawyer Yang Zaixin Dismissed for Defending Falun Gong Practitioner

    Lawyer Yang Zaixin was dismissed on January 26th, 2006, from the Zhongchi Law Firm in Guangxi Province for defending Falun Gong practitioner Nong Youyue. On January 26th, Mr. Yang received notice from the Zhongchi Law Firm, stating that he was no longer a licensed lawyer with the firm, as he had not renewed his contract. Therefore, beginning February 1st, 2006, he could no longer use the title of Zhongchi Law Firm lawyer.
  • Mr. Hu Jiyu Was Beaten Savagely and Had 13,000 Yuan Extorted from Him

    Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Hu Jiyu is in his 40's. In April 2001, police extorted 1,800 yuan from Mr. Hu. On September 9th, 2001, 200 yuan in cash were confiscated. The policemen failed to catch him, so they arrested his wife as a substitute and extorted 3,000 yuan from his family. On February 28th, 2004, Mr. Hu was arrested and taken to the 610 Office. Because he did not accept "transformation," he was forced to stand nonstop for 12 hours. He was then forced to lie face-down on the concrete floor when the temperature was below 10o F. On February 14th, 2006, Mr. Hu was arrested and was savagely beaten by four or five people. He has had a total of 13,000 yuan extorted from him.
  • 67-Year-Old Dafa Practitioner Mr. Qin Wenbin from Jiangsu Province Dies from Persecution

    In July 20th, 1999, the former Chinese Communist Party leader, Jiang Zemin, started to publicly persecute Dafa. Qin Wenbin was monitored, his home was unlawfully searched and he was otherwise harassed. In early March 2001, police officers arrested him because he was allegedly involved in printing materials that explained the truth about Falun Dafa. He was later brutally persecuted by police who did not allow Qin to sleep or drink for 19 days. In December 2001, Qin Wenbin was sentenced to nine years in prison and released on medical parole. On July 17th, 2006, he passed away tragically.